PROGRAM ASSISTANT - S. H. Cowell Foundation
Founded in 1956, S. H. Cowell Foundation is a private philanthropy with offices in downtown San Francisco. Cowell makes grants to non-profit organizations and public schools in high-poverty communities throughout northern and central California. Our approach to grant-making is place-based, responsive and hands-on. We view the organizations and communities we fund as partners, and we work hard to develop mutual respect and trust.
Cowell seeks a full-time Program Assistant. Our staff team is small and highly collaborative. The Program Assistant fulfills vital functions of the grants program, both internally and externally: providing administrative support for program officers, and communicating directly with applicants and grantees. Program officers travel frequently, and the Program Assistant is essential to maintaining a reliable, responsive home office.
- Responding to inquiries from grant seekers and questions from grantees;
- Drafting and executing grant-related documents and correspondence;
- Creating and maintaining database records and knowledge-management documents;
- Scheduling calls, meetings and travel;
- Coordinating events, vendor relations and logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 3 years of prior experience in a professional office setting;
- Strong clerical and technology-user skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with Salesforce and Adobe Acrobat are desirable;
- Excellent listening and customer-relations skills;
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments, and work with urgency;
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively.
The starting annual salary is $42,000 - $47,000, commensurate with education and experience. In addition, Cowell offers excellent benefits.
This non-exempt, full-time position is located in San Francisco, California. Cowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on federal, state and local laws.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by the end of business on April 22, 2016. Refer to the job title in the subject line of the email. Please, no phone inquiries.