About The Boston Foundation:
We are one of the nation's oldest and largest community foundations. More than that, we are a center of overlapping partnerships and networks—of talented, generous, thoughtful and dedicated people—working together to make life better for everyone in our region.
The Program Assistant, Program Effectiveness works with the Program Officer, Nonprofit Effectiveness and multiple cross-functional staff to provide organizational and administrative support for Program Effectiveness improvement initiatives and to streamline nonprofit partners’ experience with the Program department.
- Provide administrative support for key staff including:
- Calendar management, scheduling and other administrative support for Associate Vice President for Program; and
- Process and submit expense reports and invoices on a semi-monthly basis.
- Support Program Effectiveness initiatives designed to streamline operations, including:
- Provide support for department-wide measurement and evaluation efforts in conjunction with Assistant Director for Programs Data + Insight, including meeting scheduling and management, and generating knowledge management documents and templates for departmental use;
- Manage calendars, conduct note taking for team meetings, and provide general support for cross-functional teams to improve grant applications, grant due diligence, grants management system upgrades, and other operations-related work; and
- Build expertise in and assist staff with grants management and relevant IT systems as issues and questions arise.
- Support a developing body of work focused on nonprofit partners’ grantseeking experience and interactions with the Program department, including:
- Develop regular communication with nonprofit community through e-newsletters, social media content, and other mass communications;
- Draft and edit website messaging and other online content for nonprofit audience;
- Provide technical and administrative support for nonprofit-focused events (grant information sessions, trainings, etc.) including managing timelines and activities in coordination with the Program Officer and Events Team: tracking and coordination of guest lists, invitation mailings and follow up correspondence; assist with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00am) and evenings (after 5:00pm); and
- Field nonprofit inquiries via telephone and email.
- Provide general administrative support to other department team members as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience; and
- 1 – 3 years of office-based administrative work experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Solid organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products – especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Salesforce or other database experience strongly preferred;
- Experience supporting updates and improvements to technology a plus;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback in a positive and productive manner;
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed; and
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands: examples below
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
All applications should be submitted online. Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select Program Assistant, Program Effectiveness to complete our online application process. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.