Los Angeles, CA
Full time Position – Monday thru Friday 9am-5.30pm
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Liberty Hill advances social change through a strategic combination of grants, leadership training and campaigns and is the first to identify community leaders at the frontlines of change. We invest in change makers and equip them with the skills and relationships they need to build power and advance social justice. With a near 40-year track record, Liberty Hill is uniquely positioned to bring together forces for change and forge a common agenda for equality and opportunity in Los Angeles. Liberty Hill: Change. Not Charity.
Liberty Hill is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Program Assistant to work collaboratively with key program stakeholders to support and implement Liberty Hill Training Programs. Reporting into the Senior Program Manager she/he will support all of the general management of the Commissions Training Program including curriculum, recruitment of participants, relationship management, evaluation and logistics. Responsible for supporting important deliverables for the Wally Marks Leadership Institute including coordinating logistics for the core training tracks, conducting research, preparing reports, and managing correspondence on behalf of the institute.
This as a unique opportunity, for an energetic and enthusiastic individual, to join a growing organization at an exciting time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in political science is highly desirable.
- One to three years’ experience in administrative support. Experience in a non-profit setting is preferred.
- Knowledge and interest in social movements and political systems. Relevant experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Publisher. Ability to operate Internet applications and email as well as proprietary and database software.
- A philosophy compatible with Liberty Hill’s social justice mission and the ability to work with diverse donor and grantee constituencies preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to cross-class and inter-group issues.
- California driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
How to Apply
For more information and a full job description, please visit our website at www.libertyhill.org. Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
Liberty Hill promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.