The Koret Foundation is a private foundation based in San Francisco, committed to strengthening the Bay Area community and nurturing the continuity of the Jewish people worldwide.
The Program Assistant will be an integral part of the Program Team, reporting to the Director of Programs. The Program Assistant will support program officers, program associates and a grants officer with administrative and programmatic tasks related to the foundation’s grantmaking process. This position will also provide administrative support for the foundation and assist in special projects as needed.
Provide project management support for the monthly and quarterly grantmaking process, including but not limited to:
- Work closely with grantees to gather required due diligence materials, and review grant applications for completeness and conduct basic research when needed;
- Write and edit grant summaries for the monthly grant docket;
- Conduct initial review of grant applications, including financials, to identify any potential red flags for finance and program officers;
- Provide continual updates to program officers on the progress of the grant;
- Assist with the preparation, production, review and distribution of the board dockets, including managing timelines, inputting staff edits, coordinating with external copy editor, and assembling board packets to be mailed.
- Create, assemble, and maintain accurate and complete grant files;
- Read and review active grantee reports, highlighting areas of success and concern to program officers;
- Manage foundation contacts in Koret’s grant management database;
- Assist the grants management team as needed.
Other Program Team Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to foundation communications including, posting on Koret’s Facebook page and writing content for Koret’s website;
- Participate in weekly Program Team staff meetings;
- Provide the administrative support for the weekly Program Team meeting, including copying and distributing materials for weekly review;
- Participate in weekly substantive check-ins with Director of Programs.
- Set-up for board, staff, and other business and programmatic meetings and events;
- Support on administrative tasks and projects;
- Serve as back up for telephone coverage and training temporary receptionist as needed;
- Work to enhance and improve grant and administration processes;
- Assist with office wide special projects as needed.
The Program Assistant will be motivated by a passion for the Koret Foundation’s mission and a drive for continuous learning and improvement. S/he will be a project manager, analyst and problem solver with exacting standards and an eye towards creativity and innovation. This role requires an individual who has exceptional organizational skills, proactive communication, impeccable attention to detail and a relationship-focused approach to working with people.
Additional, valued qualifications include:
- Flexibility to changing timelines, demands
- Outstanding project and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate issues and manage up accordingly
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (financial or business analysis skills in the nonprofit world preferred)
- High attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word and Excel necessary
- Experience with cloud-based database systems, GIFTS or FLUXX welcomed.
- Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines
- Professional, friendly, dependable, and highly-motivated individual with a can-do attitude
- Exercise sound judgement in a close team environment
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Candidates should have a minimum of 2-3 years of professional work experience, with some knowledge or background in nonprofits or grantmaking. Knowledge of and/or participation in the Bay Area and Jewish community is an advantage.
Benefits and Compensation
The Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a salary that is commensurate with education and related work experience. The position is full-time, exempt, and located in downtown San Francisco, CA.
Please send an email referring to job title in the subject line along with a resume and one-page cover letter explaining your interest and how your skills and work experience fit the position to email@example.com.