Grantmakers In Health (GIH) is searching for our next great Program Assistant. If you love organizing, supporting, digging for information, and generally making things HUM, and have a passion for contributing to a greater cause, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for a superstar to support the efforts of multiple Program Directors in the administration and logistics of their various programs, events, and projects.
Who we are:
GIH is a nonprofit, educational organization dedicated to helping foundations and corporate giving programs improve the health of all people. Our mission is to foster communication and collaboration among grantmakers and others, and to help strengthen the grantmaking community’s knowledge, skills, and effectiveness. For more than 35 years, GIH has supported health funders of all sizes and interests through education, networking, and leadership.
What a Program Assistant does:
Provides Program Support:
- Conference call coordination
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Database support
- Survey creation and management
- Preparation, production, and distribution of written and electronic documents and presentations
- Light editing
- Implementation of program logistic requirements
Provides Event Management Support:
- Provides support for various meetings including strategy sessions, workshops, and annual conference sessions
- Coordinates registration and communications for issue-related webinars
- Responsible for production of meeting materials and resources
- Organizes staff and team meetings
- Notetaking and written summaries
- Schedules conference calls
- Responsible for event registration, shipping, and mailing
- Tracks project timelines
- Provides on-site administrative support at various organizational events, as needed
Provides Database Support:
- Create and edit events, distribution lists, mailings, and individual contact records in the GIH CRM (Microsoft Dynamics).
Provides Website Support:
- Edits, formats, and posts content (WordPress)
A Program Assistant must:
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Have excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organization skills
- Be team-oriented and collaborative
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Be self-motivated
A Program Assistant should have:
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Five or more years of relevant administrative support experience.
- Experience supporting multiple staffers, as is a can-do, all-hands-on-deck attitude, marked by flexibility and collaboration.
- Knowledge and experience in database management, research, and data gathering techniques.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and GoToMeetings/GoToWebinars; experience using SurveyMonkey and Smartsheets is a plus. Familiarity with web-based applications, including HTML and listservs.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation and cultural differences.
What we offer*:
- A competitive salary: $45,000-$50,000
- 100 percent employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees.
- Group Life and AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Paid time off including paid vacation, personal leave, sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Telework Fridays.
- Commuter benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Retirement benefits.
- Supplemental insurance.
*Some benefits required a waiting period
We can’t wait to hear how you are the one for this position! Let us know you are interested by sending your resume and a cover letter, explaining how this job was made for you, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.