Position Available: Program Assistant — Woodland Hills (Los Angeles) Office
The California Wellness Foundation (Cal Wellness) is a private, independent foundation created in 1992 with a mission to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention. Since its founding, Cal Wellness has awarded 8,160 grants totaling more than $940 million. It is one of the state’s largest private foundations. To learn more about the Foundation, explore our website at www.CalWellness.org.
This program assistant works directly with the program director who manages grantmaking related to increasing diversity in the health professions and improving health and employment outcomes for women of color and formerly incarcerated women. The program assistant will provide program- and administrative-related support as needed to facilitate the grantmaking process and the achievement of the Foundation’s mission. Duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring the grant process using the grants management database, assisting with the preparation and editing of write-ups for grant recommendations, preparing award and payment letters, creating and maintaining grant files, conducting program-specific research as required, responding to inquiries, scheduling and coordinating meetings, arranging for travel, preparing administrative documents, including expense reports, acting as a liaison among various consultants and vendors, and performing other tasks as requested by the program director. Please note that planning is underway to relocate the Woodland Hills office during 2017 to a yet undetermined location in the Los Angeles area.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of experience in an administrative position.
- Work or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector is highly desirable.
- Educational background or experience in the field of public health is highly desirable.
- Familiarity and ease with using the Internet to conduct research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Excellent math, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- High attention to protocol and detail with exceptional follow-through skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with database programs.
- Familiarity with MicroEdge Gifts and other grants-related database systems and software a plus.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on service and innovation.
- Interest and ability to work for an organization that is values- and mission-driven.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience. The Foundation's benefit package is inclusive of medical, dental, vision and life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage and offers flexible spending and 401(k) plans. A positive work environment that supports work-life balance is provided.
Email, fax or mail resume with a cover letter and salary history to:
Human Resources Department
The California Wellness Foundation
6320 Canoga Avenue, Suite 1700
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Fax: (818) 702-1999
The California Wellness Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.