The Lenny Zakim Fund
Are you deeply committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights and dignity of all people? Are you looking for meaningful work in an organization that focuses on social change and equity in our communities? If so, a position with The Lenny Zakim Fund might be a perfect fit.
The Lenny Zakim Fund (LZF) seeks and supports people and organizations with tangible solutions that promise positive change in their very own neighborhood.
Achieving social change and equity in our communities requires building bridges between grassroots organizations, the people they serve, donors, volunteers, and community leaders. By supporting grassroots organizations with funding, training and so much more, LZF not only help groups and individuals who are traditionally underserved or marginalized, it empowers them to build strong partnerships and programs that dismantle inequity and nurture resilience.
With a committed board of directors and dedicated Executive and Deputy Directors, The Lenny Zakim Fund has grown tremendously since its founding in 1995. Now, at 23 years of age, LZF requires the support and help of a dedicated, talented administrator; someone committed to the LZF vision and the mission. Someone who is versatile, someone who has broad-based administrative and communications skills who wants to put their talents to use promoting social justice.
The Office and Program Administrator will assume responsibility of all office duties, provide communications support for newsletters, email communications and social media for all constituencies. The Office and Program Administrator will enthusiastically provide support for the Executive and Deputy Directors, a (to be hired) Development Manager) and the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Director, with dotted line reporting to Executive Director. You will:
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization
- Assist with routine accounts payable, receivable, other light book keeping and HR
- Create and maintain schedule for board and staff for regular grantee communication
- Create and manage calendars and scheduling for staff and board; schedule all meetings, secure venues and refreshments
- Purchase office supplies and ensure ample office supplies to support calendar of events
- Prepare for Board of Directors meetings by sending reminders, tracking RSVPs, printing agendas, minutes, and other documents
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate
- Create acknowledgements of all gifts and donations.
- Perform general administrative support
Program, Grantmaking & Development Activities
- Monitor annual calendars to ensure that all activities occur on schedule
- Support all fundraising events
- Process grant applications and evaluations
- Coordinate and schedule site visits during summer and fall grant cycle
- Coordinate logistics and follow up of all technical assistance/program activities
- Assist with annual development calendar, ensure that all activities are supported and on schedule
- Maintain and update databases, create regular and special reports
- Create and manage electronic newsletters
- Coordinate and implement website updates and all social media
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings
- Maintain organizational archives
Other duties as assigned
How do you fit in?
- Have 2 - 4 years experience in a similar position
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as a dependable team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse constituents - donors, grantees, others
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in calendar management for multiple individuals desirable
- Experience with scheduling and event management support
- Ability to both take direction well, work on a team, and work independently
- Have computer skills including: Internet/Web (intermediate); Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media, Constant Contact and Quick Books a plus, some database experience
- Have a bachelor degree or higher
In one PDF document, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Program and Office Administrator” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all applications will receive responses.
Learn More About LZF