The Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen Foundation (LAAF.org) aims to be the leader in programs and resources at the intersection of women, giving and leadership. LAAF.org is an operating (non-grantmaking) foundation on a mission to inspire, educate and empower ALL individuals to give, live and lead in a way that matters more. We are a young, evolutionary organization that democratizes access to free, highest quality digital educational resources and our founder’s decades of experience as a social entrepreneur, philanthropic leader and Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) academic. Currently, LAAF.org fuels programs and research on giving, women in leadership and intentionally inclusive leadership (our founder’s new model of “Legacy Leadership”). These initiatives include Stanford GSB courses and accompanying case studies, curricula and learning notes, The Legacy Leaders Speaker Series and additional leadership events, MOOCs and other resources for givers and leaders at all stages.
The Program Analyst (“PA”) will be responsible for creating and managing some of the organization’s key initiatives and providing critical research, strategic, technological and project management support for LAAF.org. Sample responsibilities include curriculum and program development, event management, producing online educational experiences, philanthropic advising, academic research and content development. As this is a small start-up environment, the PA will work closely with the entire LAAF.org team including the founder and president, Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the project plan to create and update lecture content, in-class activities and out-of-class events for GSBGEN 381, LAAF.org Founder’s giving-focused course at Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Supporting the Digital Media Associate with podcast logistics and production
- Assisting the Digital Media Associate with growing LAAF.org’s online brand (creating content) and reach (growing followers), including GSBGEN 381-themed content campaigns
- Overseeing LAAF.org’s social media group(s), including posting content and engaging members with interactive activities
- Organizing all Legacy Leadership Speakers Series events
- Creating and distributing LAAF.org’s biweekly email and social communications
- Coordinating all crossover webinars between LAAF.org and the Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society (PACS)
The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to philanthropy, social impact and/or the advancement of underrepresented groups
- Internship and/or full-time work experience related to philanthropy or social impact
- Experience/interest in curriculum development and/or planning
- Stellar communications experience, including excellent written communications and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial and growth mindset, ready to help wherever needed and quickly learn new skills to effectively reach organizational and programmatic objectives
- Highest attention to detail, as LAAF.org’s work is disseminated globally, and requires precise execution
- High emotional intelligence, conscientiousness and professionalism
- Creative, fresh and relevant ideas and insights about current events and cultural conversations
- A self-starter, collaborative attitude with the highest level of self-imposed accountability and integrity
- Humility, humor, optimism and generosity
Working at LAAF.org
LAAF.org has a unique and enriching working environment that elevates the skills, knowledge and professional presence of all team members, enthusiastically known as “LAAFers.” The following values reflect our team and cultural norms:
Collaborative - At LAAF.org, we believe that the whole is greater than the some of its parts. Each LAAFer is selected for the unique perspectives and contributions they bring to our work and the resources we create. LAAF.org embraces a collaboration-first approach to produce the highest quality of accurate, relevant resources for a diverse array of givers and leaders.
Empowering - LAAFers are empowered to develop new skills and deploy existing capabilities to create the greatest value for givers and leaders. All members of LAAF.org are encouraged (and expected!) to recommend new processes and approaches as well as opportunities for impact beyond our current portfolio of work.
Embracing - LAAF.org’s success depends on all LAAFers bringing their best selves and ideas to our work each and every day. Therefore, we aim to create a safe and brave space where individuals are their authentic selves and provide honest feedback on all dimensions of our work together.
Accountability - At LAAF.org, we are accountable to delivering on our mission in service to others. To do so, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of performance toward achieving our collective and individual goals and results. As each LAAFer was selected because of their demonstrated capabilities and potential for growth, employees are expected to be able to work with considerable autonomy, take initiative to ensure timely delivery of work, and support one another’s success by freely exchanging insights and information including playbooks for success, growth opportunities and learnings from mistakes.
Purpose-Aligned - At LAAF.org, we believe every individual has a unique purpose that honors their passions, skills, backgrounds and opportunities for impact. When hiring new LAAFers, we ensure that each teammate’s purpose is well-aligned with LAAF.org’s mission as well as our priorities of content, education and inclusivity.
Intellectually Rigorous - At LAAF.org, knowledge is queen and core to our mission. Therefore, each team member brings a genuine commitment to lifelong curiosity and learning as it relates to giving, leadership (development) and creating value for our world.
LAAFter - We promote, value and respect generosity, joy, gratitude, honesty, humor, kindness, love, selflessness and, needless to say, workplace dancing.
This position is open as of Summer 2019. Interested applicants should submit a resume and transcript to: Keith Calix at firstname.lastname@example.org.