The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Communities of color are disproportionately impacted by climate change and pollution. For this reason, racial justice and equity are inextricably linked to protecting our environment. Within the organization, we are actively building a workplace culture that demonstrates how we value equity and inclusion through more intentional and inclusive practices. We are committed to building an organization that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
LCV is seeking a Production Coordinator who will help develop and execute all major donor marketing materials. This position will support efforts to elevate LCV’s brand, donor engagement, and fundraising. The LCV Development Department engages major donors for the LCV family of organizations including LCV, LCV Action Fund, LCV Victory Fund, and LCV Education Fund, and raises money for political candidates through our GiveGreen program. We are looking for an individual with experience writing and project managing around a range of issues including politics, the environment, democracy, civic engagement and/or social justice. The ideal candidate is a collaborator by nature; a talented writer and editor, and, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We are looking for an individual who is nimble and welcomes the challenge of changing course as priorities shift.
- Project manage the development and execution of all marketing materials targeting LCV’s major donor audience.
- Collaborate across departments to produce materials that showcase LCV’s work.
- Support the Development department through writing and editing engaging content for major donor marketing materials including direct mail and email.
- Work with a top-notch writing team to develop high-level messaging and framing that highlight the organization, key programs and ensure that inclusion of our commitment to racial justice and equity is centered in our fundraising materials.
- Support administrative processes for LCV marketing.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Work Experience: 2-4 years experience in project management, direct mail marketing, or writing for fundraising; working for a non-profit or political campaign a plus.
- Skills: Strong project management skills and writing and editing skills required; ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and produce content quickly; detail-oriented; organized; ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; ability to synthesize and write on issues of the environment understanding of environmental and political issues; ability to keep peers and supervisors on task and on deadline; proven entrepreneurial abilities, creativity, and initiative preferred.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Commitment to environmental protection and mission of LCV and LCV Education Fund.
- Conditions: Able to work hours in excess of stated office hours to get the job done, as needed. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Coordinator” in the subject line by June 12, 2019. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.