About Restore America’s Estuaries
Founded in 1995, Restore America’s Estuaries (RAE) is a national alliance of 10 coastal conservation groups dedicated to restoring and preserving America’s estuaries and coasts. RAE is a powerful voice for coastal habitat restoration in the nation’s capital.
RAE member organizations restore coastal habitats in 10 estuaries and 16 states nationwide. Stretching from New England to California, we have unmatched national reach and effectiveness; our local projects restore coastal wetlands, open fish passages, remove invasive species, build living shorelines, transplant seagrasses, replant salt marshes, and restore shellfish habitat.
As the leader of a national alliance, we are a powerful force for coastal habitat restoration in the nation’s capital. We provide a unified voice for coastal conservation in Washington D.C. and advance the science and practice of habitat restoration through on-the-ground projects, groundbreaking science, high-level meetings, and our biennial National Coastal and Estuarine Summit.
The President is responsible for the successful execution of our strategic plan to achieve our mission. S/he will lead our talented team and oversee the day-to-day administration of the organization while also developing and managing strong external partnerships and relationships. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with a passion for our mission and a successful record of fundraising, partnership development, and advocacy.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and staff to successfully achieve RAE’s mission by executing the strategic plan
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the organization; ensure best practices and compliance in RAE’s finances, operations, legal, human resources, and information technology
- Expand and diversify RAE’s revenue sources, including corporate, foundation, and individual funders
- Build and maintain diverse, multi-faceted relationships with partners across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors
- Serve as the external representative and principal spokesperson of RAE at conferences, on Capitol Hill, and in other public forums
- Foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and transparency within RAE by continuing efforts to build, retain, and motivate a strong and talented team of professionals
- Cultivate a solid working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- Passion for RAE’s mission to restore and preserve America’s estuaries and coasts
- Experience leading the operations and administration of an organization or large department
- Demonstrated ability to raise funding from diverse sources, including major donors, corporate partnerships, and national foundations
- Proven ability to develop and implement policies, processes, and systems to optimize an organization’s operational efficiency
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Creative, adaptive problem-solving skills
- Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus
Please follow instructions online here: https://www.idealist.org/en/amp/job/3c8738c248414dc1848d4ec509f598fb-president-restore-americas-estuaries-restore-americas-estuaries-arlington?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic