Who We Are
The Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities (TFN) has a network of more than 170 member foundations across the United States and Canada. TFN works in support of efforts to create communities that are sustainable, prosperous, resilient — and above all, equitable and inclusive. With a mission to inspire, strengthen, and expand funding and philanthropic leadership that yield environmentally sustainable, socially equitable, and economically prosperous regions and communities, we deliver member services, support funder working groups and collaboratives, and facilitate leadership development.
The program associate will be responsible for providing administrative and program support to TFN staff and contractors in several different program areas. The program associate will have lead responsibility for event planning, meeting logistics, and scheduling, and will also assist staff or contractors based in other offices around the country.
The program associate should enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, high-performing, and results-oriented. The associate must have the ability to interact with all levels of staff, board members, member organizations and others in a fast-paced, sometimes pressure-filled environment while remaining respectful, flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Professionalism and confidentiality are expected. The associate must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and oral communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to remain calm and effectively manage multiple priorities. The associate should be able to work independently on projects from conception to completion. This position is based in the hub office in Coral Gables, Fla.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide event planning, agenda development, and meeting logistics support for program staff and contractors.
- Schedule meetings and phone calls.
- Assist with record keeping, travel planning and reimbursements, and other related administrative needs.
- Input data into contact management and other systems.
- Help plan and conduct learning webinars/conference calls.
- Assemble information and resources for e-newsletters.
- Coordinate special initiatives and take on other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or a commensurate amount of work experience).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience with meeting and event planning.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Advanced skills and proficiency in computer applications, including Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and email marketing systems, such as MadMimi, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or other.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment, take initiative, work independently, and also be a good team player.
- Experience in a professional office environment.
- Ability to undertake occasional travel.
- Familiarity with the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors preferred but not essential.
Reports to and supervised by the Vice President & Director of Member Services.
This position is based at the Funders’ Network’s headquarters in Coral Gables, Fla. Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
TFN offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) matching contributions, vacation, sick leave, and generous holiday schedules. Competitive salary will be provided commensurate with experience.
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Program Associate. Attach the following in your email.
- A cover letter that explains 1) how your skills and experiences are a fit for the duties and qualifications of this position, and 2) why you are motivated to work for the Funders’ Network.
The position will be open until filled.
TFN is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, disability, medical condition, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth, age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive and supportive workplace.