Way to Win is a resource and strategy hub founded in 2017 by a group of donors and organizers seeking a new approach to progressive political funding that wins elections, advances transformative policy, and builds lasting power. The Way to Win strategy supports candidates who reflect the values and demographics of their communities and the independent political organizations who work to elect and hold them accountable to improving lives. During the 2018 midterm elections, Way to Win moved millions of dollars across 29 states, impacting more than 100 state and federal races and ballot initiatives.
The Way to Win strategy supports the alignment of donors, organized communities, and political candidates who reflect their constituents to:
- Win back the White House and Congress by creating a political realignment to upend the Southern strategy, wherever it’s taken root, through the millions of voters chronically under-resourced by traditional parties and campaigns.
- Take power at the city and state levels by investing in primaries, winning local races, and inspiring turnout. We will also combat REDMAP and prepare for redistricting by holding governorships and flipping state legislative chambers with inspiring progressives, not just generic Democrats.
- Establish a model of progressive governance, advancing bold policies that improve people’s everyday lives – e.g. living wage, universal healthcare, debt-free education, affordable housing, and criminal justice reform at the state and local levels until we regain power at the national level.
- Reorganize structures of accountability. Rather than the Democratic Party being accountable to donors, we need a party that is accountable to progressive social movements, backed by progressive donors.
The Political Associate is a highly organized and detailed-oriented member of the Political Department. The successful candidate will assist the political team with research, internal communication, and administrative support, such as scheduling and reporting. The Political Associate will have the opportunity to gain broad experience at the intersections of politics and philanthropy. This position reports to the Director of Political Strategy.
- Ensure proactive information flow of team members to facilitate effective coordination.
- Coordinate logistics for team, including travel, scheduling, conference calls, and meetings. Support logistics for all-team events, such as staff gatherings and donor meetings.
Program Support & Grantee Communication
- Collect and synthesize information from grantee organizations for Political Department, leadership team, and Grantmaking Committees.
- Manage Salesforce database for Political Department.
- Serve as a point of contact for current and prospective grantees, clearly communicating needs and requests to internal and external contacts.
- Conduct independent research and writing at the direction of the Director.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Some experience in political or social justice organizing preferred.
- Candidates who do not meet requirements will be considered for a Political Assistant position.
General Core Competencies
- Attention to Detail: Checks work carefully to ensure visuals, writing, content, etc. are error-free and high quality—both for individual work, and when reviewing team projects.
- Productivity: Handles a significant volume of work under fast-paced deadlines, without sacrificing quality.
- Project Management: Oversees and structures complex projects, plans backwards, and ensures quality end-products are delivered on or ahead of schedule, without crises.
- Problem-Solving: Identifies issues, effectively structures problems, analyzes data to produce insights, and generates wise, actionable recommendations.
- Organization: Keeps organized and accessible files, notes, and records to ensure important information is retained and can be shared with current and future teammates.
- Teamwork & Communication (in a virtual office): Works well with others; communicates updates, progress, and challenges clearly and completely to managers and collaborators; coordinates across departments; is adept at using virtual tools and software.
- External Relations: Serves as an effective ambassador, builds connections, and maintains relationships with outside constituents.
- Salary commensurate with experience, from $60-70,000/annual, plus a generous benefits package, including:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Awesome Slack channels
Please upload your resume, cover letter, and references to apply.
Applicants may submit documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.