The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and healthy planet by joining our team!
The Philanthropy Operations & Engagement Manager is a team player who excels at leading projects and people and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Manager is part of a robust Florida philanthropy team and will lead externally facing work (such as donor events and donor field trips) as well as internal work (such as processing and acknowledging gifts, writing and editing custom appeals, and providing support to major gift staff).
The Manager must have advanced knowledge of the systems and resources utilized in a philanthropy program; applies knowledge to managing support and coordinating communications related to the resources. The Manager works in close cooperation with any or all of the following: Conservancy staff, donors, volunteers, vendors, public agencies, financial institutions, and legal and accounting professionals. They will organize and coordinate diverse activities, projecting outcomes, and implementing solutions in consultation with leadership.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience negotiating agreements.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers.
- Experience working with diverse, geographically dispersed and cross-functional teams.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and goals simultaneously
- Experience with database management, gift processing, running queries and list management
- Experience writing solicitations, custom donor acknowledgments and day-to-day donor correspondence
- Experience and ability to adhere to brand guidelines and create attractive collateral such as invitations and donor collateral using InDesign and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success planning and executing donor events, including briefing senior staff and managing follow up
About The Nature Conservancy
With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to people and nature, working in wild places and in human settled areas including cities. Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to pursue our vision of a world where people and nature thrive together, and building long-term relationships with communities and community organizations, government agencies, and commercial businesses. We create partnerships to apply nature based solutions to both climate change and the meeting of human needs while conserving natural resources at a new scale.
If you are interested in working to save the planet, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package then submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46556 by 11:59 pm ET on June 22, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.