Americans give more than $400 billion a year to nonprofit organizations. While the amount we give is important, how we give also matters.
Giving Compass is a one-stop shop for individual donors to learn about issues, get involved, and give to organizations. We believe real change comes from supporting efforts that center equity and effectiveness and address root causes.
Since our launch in 2017, we’ve built a massive content library, developed innovative technology solutions, and partnered with some of the best in the nonprofit and philanthropy sectors. And not to brag, but our team is pretty awesome too.
We work hard, move fast, and have fun. We also show up to make a difference in the world. Join us and help Giving Compass amp up charitable giving in America.
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented, social justice-centered graduate student to serve as an intern for our Philanthropy & Impact team. The half-time role will provide an opportunity for the intern to expand their networks within philanthropic leadership across the country, build knowledge across the nonprofit sector, and elevate the work of grassroots, BIPOC and LGBTQIA organizations to the purview of motivated donors.
The primary focus of the internship will be on building and managing a dataset of funds hosted on Giving Compass.
- Organizing funds shared by partners and our automated content aggregator
- Researching and vetting funds and organizations against defined criteria
- Prospecting and doing research on potential partners
- Project managing Giving Compass events in coordination with the Content team [webinars, video Q&A’s, etc]
- Building fund profiles in WordPress
- Working in our Content Management System to review pipeline of articles, select articles to be reviewed and continue to train or algorithms
- Attending and reporting on external events for Giving Compass audience
- Soliciting content from designated partners in line with our Editorial calendar
- $20-$25 per hour; 15 - 20 hours per week
- 2-3 years of experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Strong knowledge of the tenets of racial equity
- General knowledge of nonprofit and philanthropic sector
- Analytic and ideation experience; strong track record of strategic thinking and methodical execution
- Research experience
- Strong writing skills
- Project Manager
- Independent and part of a team
- Subject matter knowledge in environmental justice, homelessness and/or the arts and humanities a plus
Please submit a resume, cover letter and a writing sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This will be a 6-month internship: https://givingcompass.org/about#job-532285