Department: Philanthropy Group
Reports To: Director of Philanthropy Operations
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
The Partnerships Fundraising Manager is a two-year position that will provide organizational, logistical and strategic support to the fundraising efforts of the Business Equity Fund at the Boston Foundation (BEF) and MLK Boston.
- Execute prospect research to qualify prospects for cultivation and solicitation;
- Prepare Foundation staff as well as BEF and MLK Boston leaderships for prospect meetings with in-state and out-of-state funders including the preparation of briefing materials, coordination of meeting logistics, and coordination of follow-up activities;
- Maintain prospect, donor and fund records in Salesforce database; ensure timely execution and entry of activities;
- Field inquiries from prospects/donors via telephone, correspondence and email;
- Draft general correspondence, other written communications, and prepare development packets and other materials;
- Maintain files pertaining to institutional funders, including grant proposals and reports;
- Coordinate grant writing and reporting processes for all grants for the BEF and MLK Boston;
- Liaise with the President’s Office, the Senior Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Vice President of Programs and Program and Finance staff leadership on BEF and MLK Boston priorities and fundraising progress;
- Provide technical and administrative support for events for donors and prospects; including assisting with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00 a.m.) and evenings (after 5:00 p.m.);
- Run reports from Salesforce and Foundation Power databases, and review and analyze data related to donor and prospect activities, gifts, and grants; and
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform initiative activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent; and
- Minimum 3-5 years work related experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; database experience (Salesforce) strongly preferred; familiarity and comfort with social media outlets;
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with