The JustFund portal was developed in 2017 by a group of foundations and donors in order to move more resources, more quickly to grassroots efforts around the country. The portal creates a more unified, powerful support system that connects funders directly with grassroots organizations and supports them to move their resources quickly. Because funders are able to make faster decisions when an organization has been vetted and endorsed by a trusted colleague, the portal was built to harness the expertise and knowledge of the dozens of collaborative funds and hundreds of funders and foundations around the country. By elevating the decisions and decision-making processes of these funds, we provide a way for funders to connect to thousands of smaller grassroots organizations that have already been vetted and endorsed. The portal also allows organizations to submit one single proposal and be seen by, and interact with, a host of funders.
JustFund is a fiscally-sponsored project of Proteus Fund and is seeking a Partnership Manager, whose responsibilities will be to ensure portal users have a positive experience using the platform, organizations are supported as they apply for grant opportunities, and funders are supported as they interact with proposals, and to maintain a high quality of data on the portal.
We work remotely and are looking for a highly driven, detail-oriented team member to help us manage our portal relationships.
Help ensure a positive user experience for funders and organizations
- Build relationships with donor and funder users to support their engagement with the portal
- Connect with organizations using the portal to ensure they have an easy time uploading proposals and engaging with donors
- Develop methods and materials for providing additional learning, connection and engagement between funders and with funders and organizations
- Build reports on funder and organization activity on the portal
Support fund managers
- Manage the workflow between JustFund and all Fund managers running proposal intake through the portal, ensuring the Funds are properly set up and able to retrieve necessary data
- Check in with fund managers regularly and offer support as needed, including service plan changes when needed
Maintain high quality control on portal data
- Ensure all data on portal is up to date, clear and current
- Work with Developer to identify features to make the portal easier to use for funds, funders, funder networks and organizations
Support fundraising and partnership agreements
- Draft quarterly donor updates and prepare proposals and reports as needed
- Build and maintain all partnership agreements with support from Director
- Draft content for quarterly newsletters
- Support Director to prepare any proposals and reports to grantmakers as needed
- Document and share success stories of moving new resources to groups and building new relationships between funders and organizations
Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written communications covering individual email interactions and mass email content creation. Able to problem solve with email communications efficiently.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and software, including MS Word, Excel, including use of macros and features for creating graphics rich materials.
- Experience with work plan management software
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
Salary and Compensation
Proteus Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experiences and a comprehensive, progressive benefit program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performing and dedicated workforce. Starting salary will be between $60,000-$65,000.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter with subject line: Partnership Manager, by September 12, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Three references will be requested as application process progresses.
Proteus Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Proteus Fund believes that one of the great strengths of the community is the rich diversity of its residents and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental handicap, whistleblower status, or any other category protected by state or federal law. Proteus Fund’s policies and practices are to reflect Proteus Fund’s commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment.