Part-time (50% FTE), remote position, greater Washington DC preferred, New York or Boston considered. Occasional travel required. This position may be combined with the “Associate Consultant” position to create a full-time (100% FTE) job.
Why Work with US
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to building the capacity and impact of social sector organizations through leadership development and talent management. We partner with mission-driven organizations to diagnose key issues, facilitate essential conversations, generate internal alignment to drive informed decision making, mobilize resources, and enable teams to exercise leadership at all levels. As a thought leader, we adopt practices honed and proven in the corporate sector, as well as create and share innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients.
We deeply care about and have genuine concern and mutual respect for each other. We thrive on passion and dedication, on trust and collaboration, on agility and flexibility, on energy and innovation, and on learning and growth. We share our responsibilities, successes, and failures alike.
We have done the hard work to build a culture where we thoughtfully and respectfully say what we mean, and mean what we say. Our culture rests on the belief that we all have something important to contribute, a voice to be heard. We believe that diversity and inclusion are drivers of success.
Our people are our most valuable asset, and their growth and development is central to our work. As such, we aim for continuous learning through mistakes and supportive feedback. We value hard work and a great work-life balance.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Promoting social change is a complex and dynamic process that requires understanding of the problems organizations face as well as the impact of their interventions on constituents. For this reason, we actively recruit team members from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals applying for jobs are treated without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran status, and that all are given every opportunity to succeed.
About the Role
In this role, you will be an integral member of the Sales and Partner Development team, gaining exposure to top nonprofits across the country. You will work across the full set of activities on the sales side, in close partnership with our senior staff, to help achieve organizational revenue goals. You will get a chance to put your strong storytelling and writing skills to great use as you create and edit language for proposals, blogs, website, newsletters, and other external communication.
Reporting to the Principal and Sales & Partner Development Leader, you will build strong working relationships with all staff members as you collaborate on various projects. Over time, you will develop key sales and marketing competencies that will position you to take on increasing responsibilities.
Core Research, Analysis and Data Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate the sales and partner development team by aiding in the communication of decisions, facilitating information flow, following up on action items, monitoring progress against those action items, and holding staff members accountable.
- Run Salesforce reports and conduct analysis to enable the team to forecast sales, proactively address forecasted revenue shortfalls, and find opportunities for improvements in our revenue-generating approaches.
- Ensure the timely and accurate input of data into Salesforce.
- General Salesforce upkeep and maintenance of Salesforce; if needed, work with our Salesforce contractor to make changes to the platform.
- Conduct research to qualify and prioritize nonprofits with whom we would most want to work.
- Qualify leads using pre-established criteria and data accessible via external research.
- Conduct research on qualified leads in support of upcoming sales meetings.
Core Writing and Proposal Support Responsibilities
- Schedule, coordinate and support the successful execution of meetings with client prospects.
- Draft presentations and proposals for prospective clients.
- Support sending out periodic communications to help develop AchieveMission’s relationship with prospective clients.
- Support the development and execution of new contracts.
What we Look For
We seek motivated, analytic, creative problem-solvers with diverse perspectives and experiences. Our team members love to brainstorm and act as thought-partners to continuously improve.
- Passion: You have a strong desire to do the work that matters.
- Rigor: You are highly organized, have unwavering attention to detail, and have strong research skills
- Strong Communication Skills: You communicate, verbally and in writing, in a direct, sensitive manner.
- Flexible and Nimble: You manage a wide range of tasks and stakeholders effectively and adapt to directional shifts on projects as work evolves.
- Independent: You work with minimal direction in a remote environment, and know when to reach out for help.
- Determination: You are a self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Collaborative: You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reflective Attitude: You are willing to constantly reflect on personal and technical areas of strength and growth.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You love to learn.
- Technical Expertise: You have a track record of success supporting sales team members or experience working in a multi-million dollar nonprofit supporting fundraising professionals
- Technology: You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and CRM/fundraising software (preferably Salesforce)
- Professional Experience: You have 3+ years of full-time work experience; selling into nonprofit or public sector organizations is a plus.
- Education: You have a BA degree in liberal arts, business, or similar focus; MA in non-profit management or similar degree is a bonus.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position; be sure to include how you heard about this opportunity. Email materials to Jack Craig at email@example.com by August 31, 2017. Please ensure that your resume and cover letter are attached as a single PDF file and include the position title, “Sales Associate,” in the email subject line.