The Honeycomb Project is seeking a dynamic and experienced Part-Time Development Manager to help fuel the next stage of Honeycomb’s growth. The Development Manager will help Honeycomb build a development strategy from the ground up, manage our development infrastructure, and serve as one of the external faces of The Honeycomb Project through donor/funder/sponsor cultivation. This individual, reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for working with the ED and Board of Directors to achieve annual fundraising goals of $275K for FY 2016 to $300K for FY 2017 through a diversified set of funding streams including individuals, corporations, foundations and special events.
Create and execute strategic development plans
- Partner with the Executive Director, Fundraising Consultant and Board to create and execute a compelling annual and 12 month fundraising plan to achieve revenue targets.
- Regularly assess progress towards goals and identify the key drivers of success and roadblocks.
- Cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual and corporate donors
- Research and qualify relevant individuals and corporations for support.
- Develop donor profiles for prospective and current donors.
- Work with ED, Development Consultant and Board to develop successful cultivation, solicitation and retention strategies to raise $30K from corporate donors and $70K from individual donors.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board to coordinate and strategize in person visits.
- Assist the Event Committee in the planning and execution of the fall fundraiser.
- Build out and maintain the development infrastructure and processes.
- Oversee all development operations including maintaining a development calendar, ensuring deadlines are met and tracking and communicating progress against goals.
- Research, implement and maintain a donor tracking system.
- Oversee correspondence, tax and thank you letter generation for donors.
- Support the efforts of the Grant Writer to review, edit and submit proposals and reports.
- Manage cultivation and stewardship activities for foundation contacts
- Help Honeycomb achieve $100K in 2016 of funding from Foundation sources.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Creativity. Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Business Acumen. Understands the business as well as the competition. Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends technology and information affecting his/her business and organization. Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Oral and Written Communications. Communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non verbal cues; can succinctly communicate to achieve desired outcome.
Planning. Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Perseverance. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Committed - Understanding and commitment to the mission, goals and values of The Honeycomb Project through all interactions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Professional development experience working with foundations, corporations, special events and individual donors
- Proven ability to retain and upgrade gifts
- Experience in crowd-funding and peer-to-peer fundraising strategies
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed ambitious goals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to share Honeycomb’s story in a compelling manner
- Meticulous attention to detail, record keeping and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce or other donor management software
To apply, please send your resume with brief introduction telling us more about you and why you want to work with Honeycomb. Include “Development Manager Position” in the subject line in your email to Kristina Lowenstein at email@example.com.