Events Internship with a Progressive Nonprofit in D.C.
Are you a graduate student or recent graduate looking to build skills and experience in nonprofit event planning through a PAID year-long internship?
The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) in Washington, D.C., is looking for an events intern who can help the organization’s small but high-performing team.
This internship is a wonderful opportunity for hands-on experience in event planning for a national nonprofit. You’ll practice building targeted outreach and recruiting strategies for important events, creating high-quality materials, and managing short-term projects. You’ll be able to participate on multiple project teams and learn how to navigate. You’ll also get a chance to learn more about and interact with progressive nonprofits and foundations across the country that are engaged in the daily fight for a more equitable society. If you’re interested in learning more about this sector and building transferable skills for future work at a nonprofit or philanthropic institution, please read more below.
We’re a 40 year old nonprofit and since 1976, we’ve been an unabashed champion for philanthropy that serves the public good, a brave and unrelenting watchdog and advocate for funding that directly benefits the under-served, under-represented and marginalized communities, and a courageous voice for social justice for all people in our society. For the mission and vision statements of National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy and to learn more about our work, visit www.ncrp.org.
Length of internship: Fall 2018 to September 30, 2019
Hours: 25-hour per week internship
Conference, Presentation and Travel Support
- Assist with registering senior staff for events and making travel arrangements.
- Research prioritized conferences and presentation opportunities for NCRP across a variety of projects
- Write web descriptions for NCRP events
- Coordinate planning calls for NCRP webinars
- Coordinate lists for side-meetings for NCRP staff at conferences and in-person meetings
- Input contacts from sign-in sheets and business cards into NCRP’s database
- Support evaluation of presentations and relationship records across a variety of projects
- Create and update PowerPoint templates and presentations for NCRP presentations
- Organize and catalogue presentation templates in our filing system
NCRP Impact Awards Support
- Support promotions to highlight past Award winners and the 2019 Selections Committee
- Research information about potential award winners
- Support logistics planning such as refreshments, room setup, AV and other event details
- Complete monthly expense reports for the Vice Presidents
- Assist with scheduling internal and external meetings for the Vice Presidents
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to the Vice Presidents
- Understands and has passion for advancing social and economic justice
- Microsoft Office proficient, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of database records, especially Salesforce and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with booking air, train and ground transportation
- Ability to compile and ship handouts and materials for events
- Ability to quickly research and synthesize findings clearly and concisely
- Must be detail oriented, personable, and possess excellent follow up skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Creative, quick thinker
- Must be organized and comfortable with priority changes
Deadline: September 30, 2018