Who We Are
Our mission is to build the San Diego region’s talent base by 1) recruiting the highest caliber talent from across the nation to our region and 2) retaining talented individuals here in San Diego by connecting them with the right career opportunities at the right time. We are a boutique, highly entrepreneurial, retained executive search firm, serving nonprofit, corporate, and public-sector clients. Blair Search Partners (BSP) offers a unique specialization and unparalleled experience serving and incredibly diverse range of organizations. Our clients range from start-ups to major government agencies, which retain us to manage search engagements at all levels, including C-level, director, manager, and program/staff levels.
BSP is based in Downtown San Diego, in the upscale Downtown Works building. We invest heavily in ongoing professional development for each team member, and are committed to autonomy, work-life-balance, community engagement, personal growth and career trajectory. Given the nature of our work, it is important that each of us are connected to the community by engaging with our clients, and actively contributing to nonprofit and civic endeavors. We don’t think of this as the business of recruiting: to us, this is the business of community building. For additional information about our firm and our clients, please visit: http://blairsearchpartners.com/.
As a boutique firm of 6 team members (4 full-time and 2 remote), we seek an Operations Manager who will enjoy working across almost every aspect of the business. Primary responsibilities will be close administrative and operational support to our firm’s Principal and two Directors. However, the Operations Manager will have many opportunities to be visible in the community, joining our team at client meetings, fundraisers, networking events and other engagements. Given the variety of responsibilities, the Operations Manager will gain extensive experience and exposure to the executive search industry, as well as the larger San Diego community.
Although it would be helpful to have some prior experience in either the nonprofit or recruiting industries, the ideal candidate could come from almost any background. The most important criteria for our firm are:
- Commitment to community and civic engagement
- Emotional intelligence/self-awareness
- Energy, enthusiasm and charisma
- Impeccable communication skills (written and oral, public speaking a plus)
- Solid business acumen and general office management skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-through
- Flexibility and dedication
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the day-to-day business and office operations of the firm.
- Provide administrative support to the firm’s Principal and Directors.
- Communicate via multiple channels with clients and candidates.
- Support all stages of the recruiting and selection process:
- Source candidates through a variety of channels, primarily digital
- Screen and process resumes
- Conduct phone interviews
- Schedule interviews and meetings
- Provide candidates with thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Prepare candidate profiles and submit documents to clients
- Conduct candidate background checks, references and assessments
- Research various organizations and industries.
- Organize and maintain client and candidate files.
- Update and maintain our CRM system.
- Support the Directors in managing social media platforms, marketing, client stewardship efforts and the company website.
- Engage with community-based organizations, eventually serving on boards and committees.
- Attend community events, fundraisers and networking engagements with the BSP team.
- Capitalize on opportunities to help grow the business by connecting with potential clients and candidates wherever possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Passion for quality and delivering the best possible customer experience.
- A “people person” through and through.
- Familiarity with the San Diego, Orange County or Los Angeles regions a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated commitment to community and civic engagement.
- Growth mindset; comfortable with disruptive thinking and embraces challenges.
- High level of emotional intelligence, with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoys working with a team but can also function independently and hold themselves accountable.
- Ability to multi-task, set and drive priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and utilize data.
- Patient and savvy relationship builder.
- Superior attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Quick, nimble and flexible work style.
- Willingness to jump in and assist colleagues with a variety of tasks across the organization.
- Prior experience in recruiting, nonprofit management/operations, fundraising and/or business development is helpful.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Liliane Lendvai, Director, Blair Search Partners
550 West B Street, 4th floor, San Diego, CA 92101
Compensation: $40,000 – $50,000 DOE/neg.