Reporting to the Executive Director, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Operations Director ensures the smooth operation of CAASE’s administrative, financial, development, personnel and organizational systems – including technology, equipment, and office management. The position will have leadership responsibilities for enabling CAASE to continue growing its financial and operational capacity, while ensuring the institutionalization of strategic plan goals related to intersectional equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Collaborating with CAASE’s senior management team in developing systems and strategies that effectively serve CAASE’s overall goals and strategic plans.
- Leading CAASE’s work in developing and implementing financial and operational systems, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborating with CAASE’s management team to ensure strategic alignment between all the pillars of CAASE’s work: Community Engagement, Legal Services, Prevention Education, and Public Policy and Advocacy.
- Representing the organization externally, as necessary, including with external partners as well as at CAASE events.
- With the senior management team, sharing leadership and organizational responsibilities for CAASE staff meetings, including all-staff, department, and senior management meetings.
- Advising CAASE’s senior management team on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, and financial policy matters.
- Creating, upgrading and implementing appropriate systems of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Organizing, directing, and controlling all financial activities, including but not limited to grants payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing.
- Managing the posting and allocating of revenues, contributions, grant awards, and expenditures to appropriate programs, grants, and specific cost centers.
- Generating financial statements and budgets for grant applications and reports.
- Supporting the Executive Director in the development of CAASE’s organization and program budgets, and managing the budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Serving as primary resource for annual financial audit, as well as any grant related audits.
- Serving as the financial liaison to the Board of Directors; effectively communicating and presenting critical financial matters at select quarterly Board meetings and at Board budget or audit committee meetings.
- Leading the Administrative Department as the direct supervisor of the Development Managers, Human Resources Manager, and Administrative Associate through ongoing mentoring and supportive management.
- Collaborating with each Administrative team member on the creation and execution of annual department plans and individual work plans which serve CAASE’s Strategic Plan and have measurable goals and outcomes.
- Monitoring performance of the Administrative Department, particularly as defined by strategic goals of the organization, and actively communicating with the Executive Director about ongoing progress and changes.
- Promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement by taking part in, and promoting for others, professional development and engagement activities.
- Overseeing Human Resources functions with particular emphasis on maximizing cost-effectiveness and ensuring equitable and inclusive personnel operations.
- Overseeing Development functions with particular emphasis on building capacity to support sustainable growth and promoting a culture of philanthropy at CAASE.
- Overseeing infrastructure of the organization including the relationship with building management, IT consultants, and vendors as well as overseeing all procurement and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Ensuring smooth operations of the organization by monitoring all administrative tasks, maintaining paperwork, recordkeeping, and compliance.
Status: Full Time. Exempt.
Reports to: Executive Director
Manages: Human Resources Manager, Development Managers and Administrative Associate
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred); experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum 7 years experience in financial management and business operations, with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Experience creating systems, databases, and policies that impact the efficiency of a staff and organization.
- Knowledge and expertise in Google Suite, Microsoft Office applications and Quickbooks and ability to learn new systems.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop high-performing teams and collaboratively set and achieve strategic objectives.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- Ability to handle sensitive personnel issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be adaptable and able to handle multiple projects and assignments, while maintaining sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Must be committed to feminist principles, practicing intersectional equity in all facets of the work, and ending the perpetration of sexual harms in Chicago and Illinois.
- Demonstrable passion for CAASE’s mission, idealism, integrity, and a positive attitude are highly preferred attributes.
Organization Values: CAASE is a feminist organization, committed to ending all forms of sexual exploitation including specifically sexual assault and prostitution. CAASE is opposed to all forms and manifestations of inequality, including but not limited to those based in race, sexual orientation, and gender. CAASE does not discriminate against job applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military services. CAASE supports a woman’s full access to reproductive health information and services.
Salary and Benefits: CAASE provides a competitive benefits package, including health and dental insurance and paid time off. Salary high sixties, negotiable depending on experience.
Application Instructions: Applicants for this position should provide a resume and cover letter describing (1) their experience and insights related to managing the finances and internal operations of a growing organization, and (2) their experience and philosophy related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Submit resume and cover letter by email to Kaethe Morris Hoffer via email@example.com. No phone calls please.