About the Stryker Johnston Foundation
The Stryker Johnston Foundation (the foundation) is a private family foundation based in Kalamazoo, Michigan. We partner with organizations and initiatives working to strengthen and build thriving, equitable communities. We envision a world where everyone has the opportunity to live a safe, healthy, productive and fulfilling life. Currently, we invest in and collaborate with organizations and initiatives working towards the elimination of intergenerational poverty in Kalamazoo County, Michigan. We strive to implement a trust-based approach to grantmaking. With a focus on place-based investing, we seek to build durable relationships with our grant partners. Please visit our website at www.strykerjohnstonfoundation.org to learn more about our funding priorities and grantmaking program.
About the Role
We seek to hire a full-time Operations Coordinator to join our small, nimble team. The Operations Coordinator will support the Executive Director and Grant Program Manager to effectively implement grant programs and initiatives to carry out the foundation’s mission. This team member will support internal operations and provide direct customer support to grant applicants, grant partners, and other community partners. The Operations Coordinator will support continuous improvement of internal processes to assist the foundation with reaching its goals and creating greater efficacy and impact.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include
General Administrative Duties
- Review and respond to general foundation inquiries.
- Provide support to Executive Director and Grant Program Manager with scheduling and other administrative tasks.
- Coordinate meeting preparation by drafting agendas and materials, coordinating meeting details/information, planning and ordering refreshments and room set-up/breakdown.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries as needed.
- Coordinate tasks with professional services contractors.
- Process invoices.
- Update website, draft e-newsletters, and maintain other online service platforms.
- Assist with other foundation programs and initiatives.
Grant Program Support
- Provide customer support to grant applicants and grant partners.
- Coordinate correspondences with grant partners on reporting and other administrative matters.
- Provide support for grant reviews, assessments, and reports.
- Support grant processing and reporting.
- Assist with compiling and organizing information collected through evaluations.
- Maintain and update grant management system and other databases.
- Maintain and update all grant related files and documentation for regulatory compliance.
We Are Looking For Someone Who Is
- A self-starter and is comfortable working independently with limited supervision.
- A detail-oriented project manager who consistently meets deadlines.
- Dedicated to continuous reflection and learning and maintains a sense of humor and adaptability.
- Committed to working with integrity in all aspects of their work, building and maintaining trust with the team and partners, and respects confidentiality.
- Passionate about trust-based grantmaking and transformational philanthropy.
What You Will Need (Knowledge/Skills/Experience)
- Alignment with the mission and vision of the foundation. Commitment to the Foundation’s grantmaking guiding principles.
- Associates degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience.
- At least 2-4 years of progressively more responsible experience in an office environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer and software skills (including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications).
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, event planning, web platforms, and database applications.
- Good judgment, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple competing tasks and deadlines and to work independently and in teams.
- Professional office environment with some opportunities for remote work.
- Typical work hours between 8:00 am-5:00 pm ET, with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Fluctuating workload due to various deadlines and cyclical processes.
- Extensive keyboard and computer monitor use.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Local travel in personal or foundation vehicle to attend meetings.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience) and benefits package, including a 401k plan, health and dental insurance, paid time off, and annual professional development opportunities.
- Salary range: $50,000-70,000
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants with diverse identities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. Please email a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and interest relevant to the position to [email protected] with the subject line “Operations Coordinator.” Applications will be accepted until May 3, 2019.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with