The Operations Associate works closely with Neighborhood Funders Group staff and IT consultants to provide database, office management, and administrative services to help keep the mostly remote NFG staff connected through online systems. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with full benefits. The Operations Associate is based in NFG’s Oakland, CA headquarters office and reports to the Vice President of Operations.
Database and Systems Management (50%)
- Participate in trainings on NFG’s integrated Drupal web site and Salesforce database, which is on a platform created by United Philanthropy Forum
- Once trained, hold primary responsibility for the integrity, accuracy, and functionality of NFG’s Salesforce database, including updating and verifying grant records and contact records
- Continually maintain NFG’s database and information systems (e.g. add fields or record types as needed), and document these procedures
- Work closely with the Vice President of Operations and the Membership Manager to design and generate reports, dashboards, and statistics from NFG’s database to guide planning, evaluation, and member services
- Work closely with a Program Associate to help launch NFG’s new website and ensure seamless integration between website and database operations
- Train other NFG staff in use of Salesforce and other applications
- Work with United Philanthropy Forum staff to troubleshoot and customize NFG’s Salesforce and other applications
- Research, learn, and work with integrated Salesforce apps to build reports, update fields, create documents, and manage duplicates.
- Serve on the Forum’s Users Group and Salesforce Working Group, which works to add functionality and improve Drupal integration for the full network of organizations using the platform, including attending one national user group meeting per year at the Forum’s annual conference
- Participate in/contribute to periodic upgrades of NFG’s shared web system
- Work with the Operations and Program teams to further customize the Drupal/Salesforce system to meet NFG’s needs, and identify how the Drupal/Salesforce platform can be maximized and integrated to streamline NFG work processes.
- Document systems procedures, customizations and enhancements.
- Learn and provide NFG staff with ongoing training on other applications adopted by NFG now and in the future, such as Zoom video conferencing and project management software
- Work with NFG’s IT consultants to develop plans for ongoing hardware/software maintenance, implement digital security measures, and resolve staff’s IT issues
Office Administration and Support (30%)
- Assist the Vice President of Operations with new staff onboarding
- Orient new employees to office systems, softwares and procedures
- Coordinate IT troubleshooting with NFG’s IT consultants
- Procure office supplies, meeting supplies, equipment, software, and hardware
- Maintain NFG office equipment and licenses
- Provide administrative support to Vice President of Operations and other staff as assigned
- Assist with coordination of travel for Operations staff
- Oversee access to NFG offices, NFG conference room reservations, and incoming mail
- Host occasional guests in the office, including identifying workspace and meeting space
- As needed, act as liaison with property management in tracking requests and communication
- Organize, maintain, and manage all organizational files and archives
- Coordinate logistics and food orders for staff and board meetings that take place in Oakland (approximately quarterly)
- Provide occasional administrative and logistical support for other NFG events, including researching venues, vendors, and costs
- Periodically research office space and rents to assist with decisions about NFG office lease
Fundraising and Membership Support (20%)
- With guidance from staff, ensure accurate coding and documentation of all incoming revenue
- Generate correspondence using the database, such as grant acknowledgment letters
- Help manage and analyze fundraising and membership data in Salesforce, including providing reports
- Provide administrative support for NFG fundraising and membership efforts, including periodic membership appeals
- Assist with logistics and staffing of membership events
- Schedule and document quarterly meetings of the Membership and Fundraising Board Committee
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Qualities
- Demonstrated computer/technology skills, including a high degree of comfort and proficiency in working with and learning membership databases, Microsoft Office, and internet/email applications.
- Associate’s degree or minimum two years of directly-related work experience required
- Personal commitment to racial, economic, and gender justice; the mission of NFG; and appreciation for diverse communities
- Professionalism, respectful communication style
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and see tasks and processes through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate tactfully on matters related to human resources, fundraising, and membership
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Adaptability, someone who enjoys learning new processes and technologies
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Qualities
- Prior experience with or training on Salesforce or similar databases
- Demonstrated ability to successfully provide training to others
- HTML, CSS, and image/video editing
- Prior experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Good writing skills
- Interest in Salesforce certification or gaining other advanced technology skills
- A good sense of humor
Job Specifics and Work Environment
To learn about NFG, visit us online.
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is non-exempt. Occasional travel required.
Starting salary range is $20.19 to $24.00/hour depending on qualifications and experience. NFG provides medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits and generous vacation leave. The position is located in Oakland, CA.
NFG is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and/or LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, and resume to [email protected], with “Operations Associate” in the subject line. The position is open until filled, but first consideration will be given to applications received by February 15, 2018.