Operations Assistant, Managed Organizations (Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA)
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter to serve in an Operations Assistant role. The Operations Assistant will provide administrative support to Arabella’s Managed Organizations leadership and for the team’s general operations.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
Leadership Support (35%)
- Provide meeting scheduling, logistics, preparation and support for team’s senior management
- Manage calendars and book travel for team’s senior management
- Manage credit card transactions and reconciliation for senior management
Team Learning and Support (65%)
- Manage scheduling for team events, meetings and trainings; coordinate speakers, including logistics and payment for external speakers
- Lead the planning and implementation of team cultural activities and participate in the planning for firm-wide activities
- Manage team’s efforts to connect to impact by soliciting, developing and distributing impact stories through the intranet, team meetings and other means
- Oversee preparation and logistics for team meetings
- Manage orientation scheduling and logistics for new employees
- Provide administrative support to the Team Learning & Operations group, including managing the team’s calendar and monthly email update
- Contribute to the creation of process and procedure documentation and guides
- Coordinate planning and logistics for annual retreats well as fall local retreats
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year experience in an operations role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience using Salesforce, Outlook and PowerPoint
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials. Submit application materials here.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with