The California Wellness Foundation seeks an energetic, well-rounded and professional Office Services Coordinator to join our team. The Office Services Coordinator will be a hub for the entire Oakland office (a staff of approximately 14). This position will engage in general office operations and procedures to ensure staff operate effectively, efficiently and safely. This position will be seated at the front desk of the office (the office is not open to the public), and will be responsible for overseeing the reception area, mail, kitchen, supplies, and general facilities. They will also manage key areas of facilities and vendors and provide administrative support to multiple departments. The selected candidate must demonstrate critical customer service skills, and they must be able to handle multiple projects, managing their time, and presenting a friendly, efficient experience to internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support for Operations—75%
- Greets and accommodates the needs of guests and visiting staff; arranges visitors’ access with security staff; arranges any needed transportation; maintains a clean, professional and clutter-free reception area.
- Coordinates scheduling and setup of conference rooms, Board rooms and equipment for meetings utilizing an online request process.
- Provides logistical support for external constituents (up to 25 people) who are utilizing our space for meetings.
- Monitors, responds to and takes action on in-office requests/tickets
- Technical support liaison for Oakland staff with IT/outside support.
- Basic phone assistance to grant applicants and grantees around applications and reporting
- Assist with grantee back-coding/data clean-up efforts (Grants Management).
- Assists with new employee set-up and onboarding orientation.
- Receives, sorts, sends and distributes general mail correspondence, packages and notices, including with UPS and FedEx; reconciles packing invoices with receipt of supplies and other products.
- Receives, prescreens, directs and relays incoming telephone calls, telephone messages and other electronic messages; responds to basic inquiries about the Foundation’s grantmaking program; and directs grantees and other callers to appropriate staff or website.
- Manage Cal Wellness General Calendar.
- Orders and maintains kitchen supply inventory and food items; organizes food and refreshments for various staff meetings and celebrations, including coordinating catering orders.
- Orders and maintains office supply inventory, including letterhead and envelope materials, first aid supplies, and emergency supplies in a cost effective and organized manner.
- Stocks all common office areas and equipment with adequate provisions and keeps areas organized, well-maintained and clean.
- Maintains and coordinates the effective operation, maintenance and servicing of assigned office and equipment, including kitchen appliances, shredders, postage meters and other office equipment.
- Oversees janitorial and cleaning services to ensure the common areas of the Foundation are clean and well-maintained, including overseeing any plant services.
- Oversees the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities; oversees the ordering and maintenance of office furniture; assists with and coordinates staff’s office moves within the building.
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers and the landlord, ensuring all items are invoiced and paid as required in accordance with approval and tracking processes.
- Interacts with building management to resolve building-related issues and problems, including maintenance issues, building access, employee and guest parking, insurance certificates, property removal, e-waste and building closures; uses building-related software to properly communicate open items and monitor staff safety tests.
- Liaison for Oakland’s vendors for IT/VP of Operations.
- Coordinates annual emergency preparedness training; maintains fire extinguishers; may facilitate fire drills as floor warden; may be point person for office security issues.
Support for the Programs Team—25%
- Reports to the Director of Program Operations.
- Support with Concur reports for Program Directors/Director of Programs Operations.
- Scheduling support.
- Data input as needed.
- Coordinate and manage meeting materials, notes, etc.
- Order food and coordinate logistics for meetings.
- Three or more years of general office or administrative experience; proven office management, administrative or assistant experience; accounting, data management and/or inventory management experience.
- Proficiency with office management systems and procedures; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint); proficiency in the use of telephone systems, postage meter usage and Fed Ex software; proficiency with Internet research, vendor portals and online inventory and ordering systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Pleasant and professional attitude and demeanor.
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and as organizational demands require.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident decisions quickly and under pressure.
- A “can-do” attitude for all situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive ability to anticipate needs and changes, then react efficiently with independent and sound judgement.
- Professionalism and the ability to work under pressure when given a task of vital importance.
- A passion for learning new things, continual improvement and sharing best practices.
- Determination, self-motivation and eagerness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to be calm under pressure.
- Exceptional work ethic, discretion and trustworthiness.
- Ability to function and interact on a professional level to sustain the mission, culture and best interests of the Foundation.
- Ability to understand and consider organizational culture and organizational change.
- Ability to contribute a fun and creative approach to team activities and morale.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Good logical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good math, spelling and editing skills.
- Periodic travel to our Los Angeles headquarters office may be required.
- The ideal candidate will embody Cal Wellness’ core competencies:
- Live our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Stewardship, Excellence, Learning, and Trust.
- Drive Towards Innovation: Be bold. Experiment and learn from both successes and failures.
- Make a Difference: Yes, we can. Own our responsibilities and our ability to make positive change.
- Contribute to One Team: We’re in this together. Our success is a collective effort.
- Show Courage: Be thoughtful but act on your convictions. Be open to feedback.
THE CALIFORNIA WELLNESS FOUNDATION
The California Wellness Foundation is a private, independent foundation established in 1992 with a mission to protect and improve the health and wellness of the people of California. As one of the largest health-focused foundations in California, with approximately $1 billion in assets, Cal Wellness is a nationally recognized leader for its strategic core operating support for grantees; public policy grantmaking; and a focus on violence as a public health issue. It is Cal Wellness’ desire to promote equity and level the playing field so that everyone has access to good-paying jobs, healthy and safe neighborhoods, and quality health care services. The Foundation’s current Advancing Wellness grantmaking strategy includes three interrelated portfolios: Bridging the Gaps in Access and Quality Care; Promoting Healthy and Safe Neighborhoods; and Expanding Education and Employment Pathways. In addition, the foundation is proud of its $15 million initiative focused on women of color and its recent investments in the area of immigration. Since its founding, Cal Wellness has awarded nearly 9,000 grants totaling more than $1 billion. Its annual operating budget is approximately $13M, and its annual grantmaking is approximately $37M. In addition, Cal Wellness awards approximately $2 million in Program Related Investments (PRIs) each year.
As the foundation looks to the future, it is pursuing new and innovative strategies beyond its core grantmaking to advance its mission, including using the foundation’s voice to speak out on critical issues that affect health and wellness, and investing $50 million in mission related investments (MRIs).
Cal Wellness has a diverse staff of approximately 40 located in our Los Angeles and Oakland offices and a diverse 11-member Board located throughout the state of California. The Foundation’s work underscores a belief that wellness requires social justice, a deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), and sustained efforts to eliminate systemic barriers that prevent access to health care, education, employment and safety.
Please visit calwellness.org for more information.
For this position, the selected candidates starting salary may range from $22,60/hour ($47,000 annualized) to $28.27/hour ($58,800 annualized), commensurate with skills and experience. Highlights from our benefit package include: a variety of health plans, a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid time off, professional development and educational opportunities, matching gifts, and the opportunity to work at a mission and values driven organization.
Please upload your resume and letter of interest through the link here:
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in our application process, please let us know.
The California Wellness Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to limit the scope of potential work assignments. This is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and duties may differ from those as outlined above.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with