Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 30 separate and independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of over 30, we value competence and camaraderie and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic administrative support professional to join the team. The Office Manager/Grants Assistant is responsible for maintaining office services, including organizing office operations and procedures, managing office supplies and office technology, and ensuring office facilities adequately support staff work. This position is also responsible for supporting the Grants Management team in their work for client foundations. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, and reports to the Senior Grants Manager/Administrator.
- Answer incoming calls, receive packages, and receive visitors;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Manage office supplies (inventory and ordering) and office supply budget;
- Oversee maintenance office equipment and ensure they are in good working order;
- Serve as a point person for office technology systems, in partnership with the VP of Administration;
- Manage office petty cash fund;
- Manage relationships with office vendors;
- Maintain office calendars and coordinate all staff meetings and celebrations;
- Organize catering for meetings as needed;
- Supervise maintenance of reception area, kitchen, office plants, and conference rooms;
- Assist with facilities management as needed;
- Assist with staff onboarding as needed; and
- Assist Senior Grants Manager/Administrator with special projects as assigned.
- Support grants mangers with administrative tasks related to compliance, generating grant documents, and mailing agreements and payments;
- Maintain grantmaking information in database and other systems as directed by the Senior Grants Managers;
- Accurately input and process grant information;
- Take meeting minutes;
- Provide technical support to applicants;
- Maintain files;
- Assist with maintenance of client websites, including updating content in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Update and maintain meeting schedules;
- Respond to mail, email, and telephone inquiries;
- Coordinate meeting logistics for both on-site and off-site meetings, including renting space and catering services as needed, travel arrangements, and preparing meeting materials;
- Participate in Grants Management team meetings and professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on developments in the field and compliance requirements; and
- Provide assistance to staff as needed.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of two years administrative experience;
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently, as well as with others, in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Comfort with learning new technology and patience supporting others with technology;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, flexibility, and humor;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong writing and editing skills, including proofreading and copy editing;
- Proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office and database programs;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds;
- Demonstrated interest in the Bay Area community and the nonprofit sector;
- Commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment and humility;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and discretion about confidential matters.
Location: PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, Commuter Checks and more
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Wendy Yu Einhorn, Senior Grants Manager
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Pacific Foundation Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references, and be able to verify the right to work in the United States.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with