The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas, and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public-sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
CCF is hiring an Office Administrator, reporting to the Director of Human Resources. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the organization in addition to the coordination of emergency and facility management. This position serves as the primary back-up for front desk phone and reception coverage and is vital part of the Human Resources and Administration department.
- Office Administration: Coordinates support for all office operations including opening the office each morning and morning meeting set-up, office closing and meeting clean-up. Orders and receives furniture, office supplies and equipment within CCF budget guidelines. Reviews and compiles office services invoices. Performs periodic inventories to ensure adequate supply levels.
- Facility Coordination: Acts as liaison with building management for cleaning services, building maintenance and repairs, safety/emergency preparedness and security. Coordinates and assists with kitchen organization, supplies, cleaning and equipment maintenance. Oversees the administration of parking validations. Communicates facility-related information to all staff.
- Emergency Management: Serves as floor warden for CCF office, coordinating and maintaining roster of emergency assistance staff, coordinate training as needed and required, and interacting with building management to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors to the CCF offices.
- Vendor Administration: Coordinates outside vendor relationships for office services, including equipment maintenance, water delivery, coffee service, newspaper delivery and invoice reconciliation.
- Files and Records: Coordinates off-site storage facilities, oversees general operation of on-site file systems, Electronic Records Management System and file retention policies. Establishes and ensures maintenance of databases and department filing systems, both hard copy & electronic versions. Creates and updates forms and letters. Maintains inventory and catalog of documents stored in the on-site CCF Storage room and ensures the room is organized.
- Administrative Support: Provides administrative support to the Human Resources and Administration Departments including: composing, processing and expediting correspondence and faxes; processing mailings including quarterly investment reports, tax returns and copies of award letters; creating and maintaining department files; scheduling meetings; copying and scanning documents. Conducts research as required related to vendors. Maintains the CCF internal communication board to provide relevant content on current events, benefits, recognition, health, and training topics.
- Front Office Support: Acts as primary back-up for front-desk phone and reception coverage during breaks, lunch, and late afternoon and in the absence of the receptionist. Processes outgoing mail, performs closing lunch room procedures.
- Special Projects: Coordinates administrative tasks and special projects with other CCF departments. Works on special projects as assigned.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience: Minimum of three to five years of experience in providing a broad range of high-level administrative tasks and projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Communication Skills: Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to write clear and comprehensive procedures and instructions. Willingness to listen carefully and ask for clarification if needed. Ability to clearly and concisely explain policies and procedures. Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Confidentiality and Discretion: Demonstrated ability to keep all job and personnel-related information confidential and exercise discretion regarding all personnel and benefits matters.
- Technology Skills: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with web-based payroll and time management systems is required. Working knowledge of Blackbaud software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Organizational Skills: Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and respond calmly to multiple and competing demands.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to follow directions. Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion. Ability and willingness to interact diplomatically with all levels of an organization and to be a positive presence throughout the office.
Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and we make employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, age or any other protected status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with