The Minnesota chapter of Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP-MN) seeks new chapter leaders to begin serving in 2016.
EPIP is a national network of philanthropy professionals who strive for excellence in the practice of philanthropy. Chapter leaders provide leadership and direction to a growing network of emerging philanthropic leaders in Minnesota. We are looking for creative and strategic thinkers who can help propel the Minnesota chapter forward as we reach our 10 year anniversary. EPIP-MN is at an exciting moment in its evolution and chapter leaders will be active in its development and growth.
Becoming an EPIP-MN chapter leader is a great opportunity to build your governance skills, develop visibility and knowledge in the field, and make intellectual and organizational contributions to the EPIP network. EPIP-MN is committed to engaging diverse people and perspectives in leadership positions at every level. We encourage nominations from people of color and other groups under-represented or under-supported in the philanthropic community.
In recruiting for chapter leaders, we particularly seek out the following types of individuals:
- Representatives from foundations in Minnesota
- People of color, men, LGBTQ individuals, and those from the disabilities community
- Members of the philanthropic community who seek a meaningful volunteer experience through active involvement on a working committee
- Strategic thinkers with the interest and ability to create and implement a vision for EPIP-MN
- Individuals with leadership, nonprofit, fundraising and governance experience
- Contribute to the creation of an annual work plan that provides quality networking and programming opportunities to EPIP members in Minnesota
- Plan and promote EPIP-MN events and EPIP-MN membership to colleagues and peers
- Support the ongoing activities of EPIP-MN through a variety of options including programming, marketing and membership outreach
- Serve as a liaison from the EPIP-MN network to other philanthropic initiatives and events happening in Minnesota and nationally
- Commit to monthly EPIP-MN planning meetings, attendance of EPIP-MN events and implementation of key activities – this is an active working committee
Please send your resume and answers to the following questions to Allison Corrado and Aya Johnson at [email protected] by Friday, March 11, 2016.
- Why are you interested in being an EPIP-MN chapter leader?
- What do you hope to gain from being an EPIP-MN chapter leader?
- What would you contribute to EPIP-MN?
- Name three important topics and/or event ideas EPIP-MN should address in 2016.
- What does inclusion and equity mean to you? How would you incorporate it into your work with EPIP-MN?
Questions? Join us in Sweeney’s Dale Street Room, 96 Dale St N, St Paul, MN 55102, on Wednesday, February 17 from 5-7 pm for a meet and greet with current EPIP-MN chapter leaders. You can also email us at [email protected] Thank you for your interest and we look forward to getting to know you!