Voices for Progress (V4P) galvanizes the advocacy of business leaders, entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and other prominent individuals who unite to protect our climate, strengthen our democracy, and ensure economic and social justice for all. The Membership Associate will support the Membership team with activation of members for participation in public policy advocacy and other programmatic activities; ongoing member maintenance; maintaining data integrity within the membership and activities database; and assisting with the smooth functioning of the team. This position reports directly to the Membership Engagement Manager. The Membership Associate is a Non-Exempt position. Non-exempt employees are paid an hourly rate for hours worked and are eligible for overtime pay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership Activation on Federal and California State Advocacy and Programming:
- Assist with membership and administrative aspects of multi-day Advocacy Summits, webinars, virtual meetings, and other member events.
- Manage membership email software and assist in frequent communications with members regarding taking action on important federal and California state policy issues, relationship building efforts, and programming. Personally, coordinate with members as directed.
- Generate frequent reports assessing member connections to policymakers, track activation progress, assist with follow-up, and report on outcomes.
- Assist with the creation and design of member communications.
- Monitor news reports regarding members and send acknowledgements for member milestones.
- Handle administrative aspects of member mailings.
- Maintain membership, advocacy, and other programming records in Salesforce database. Generate regular reports.
- Assist with design changes to Salesforce database.
- Coordinate use of various Membership Team software programs, including RevUp, DonorSearch, CallHub, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day operational needs of the Western Region Office (e.g. mail, ordering supplies, etc.).
- Provide general and administrative support for the Membership staff, including clerical support for the Membership Director.
- Maintain Membership Team data in V4P databases and other records. Prepare expense card reports.
- Make travel arrangements for recruitment and other relevant trips by the Membership Director, and other Membership staff as needed. Schedule related meetings when requested.
- Travel occasionally to Sacramento, Washington, D.C., and around the Los Angeles area to attend recruitment events, conferences, and advocacy meetings as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with development and fundraising administrative support as needed.
- General office and administrative management tasks that come as part of being a member of a small organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least two years of experience in a related field (e.g. community or campaign organizing, grassroots or grasstops advocacy, membership services, or non-profit administration). An advanced degree may substitute for experience.
- Experience in general office and administrative work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical and committed to the organization’s mission.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational abilities.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-office organization, in which change is not uncommon.
- Clear communicator.
- Professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, quick learner who can see big picture goals of assignments and use judgement (with oversight) to complete.
- Able to manage many small assignments simultaneously and structure own work processes.
- Very strong computer skills, and willingness to learn new software and computer skills as needed. Competency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite required. Experience with Salesforce software strongly preferred. Knowledge of RevUp, mass email software, and/or donor research software is a plus.
Basic knowledge of, and interest in, relevant areas of public policy.
A team player who collaborates well with others.
- Part of the Western Region Office and Membership Team.
- Reports to Membership Engagement Manager, but also takes direction from Membership Growth Manager in Washington, D.C.
- Collaborates regularly with Membership Team staff in other parts of the country.
Interacts with V4P members via phone, email, and in person.
While performing responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to follow instructions. The employee is required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee may be required to sit or stand for an extended period of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Work is generally sedentary in the office. The employee is required to travel occasionally by air, train, car, public transportation, or by foot for meetings.
While performing responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to follow instructions. The employee is required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee may be required to sit or stand for an extended period of time. While performing responsibilities of the job, the employee is required use a computer and basic office equipment. The employee may be required to sit or stand for an extended period of time. Work is generally sedentary in the office. The employee is required to travel frequently by car, public transportation, or by foot, and very occasionally by air for meetings.
All staff are teleworking from home for the foreseeable future due to the pandemic. When it is safe for the office to reopen, it will likely be located in West Los Angeles or southern Ventura County.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits, including full medical, dental, vision and life insurance at $1/month.
- 13 federal holidays and one floating holiday per year.
- Vacation and sick leave.
- Retirement savings account immediately vested with generous employer contributions.
- Pre-tax public transit/parking, childcare, flexible spending account options.
- Position meets requirements for federal public service loan forgiveness.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, September 14.
Please include “M&D Associate” in the subject line and indicate where you saw the job posting in the text of the email. Due to the volume of applicants, we will only contact applicants whose skill sets, and experience meet our needs.
Voices for Progress Education Fund, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer.
V4P is committed to a diverse staff and to a culture that holds equity as a value and a priority. V4P welcomes applicants who bring a variety of perspectives, experiences, and competencies. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. V4P is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.