About RSF Social Finance:
Imagine working with a group of thoughtful, committed colleagues to transform the way the world works with money.
At RSF Social Finance, we bring our individual passions, experience, and skills to meet the needs of others through innovative and integrated investing, lending, and giving services that generate positive social and environmental impact while fostering community and collaboration among participants.
With a 30 year track record of deploying loans, grants, and other catalytic capital to non-profit and for- profit social enterprises, RSF is recognized nationwide as a leader in the field of social finance. As an organization of fewer than 50 employees, RSF’s approach is to grow our team by adding one person at a time. In doing so we identify and seek a particular set of skills and experience to meet specific organizational needs, while seeking candidates who are also aligned with our purpose, values, and operating principles.
For more details, visit rsfsocialfinance.org.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the development, production, and distribution of marketing materials including, but not limited to, website, newsletters, reports, print collateral, and social media in support of RSF and its programs. This position supervises the Marketing Associate.
Content Development and Management
- Manage the production of all newsletters and client reports
- Manage the maintenance of marketing collateral materials, including statistics, copy, and graphic updates
- Collaborate with external designers to develop new collateral as needed
- Manage editorial and production calendars, delegate tasks, and ensure deadlines are met
- Provide writing and editorial support to staff, partners, and other authors
- Write articles for RSF’s blog, newsletter, and other publications as needed
- Manage website development including new features and pages in collaboration with RSF’s web development partners
- Manage the maintenance of up-to-date and accurate content on the RSF website, including copy, statistics, and graphics
- Analyze web traffic metrics
- Share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Oversee social media strategy and content
- Oversee publication of weekly blog posts on the RSF website and among third party partners
- Oversee publication of monthly e-news
Branding & PR
- Maintain Communications Guide for staff and trustees
- Provide communication trainings for staff
- Engage with new and existing clients and partners to promote RSF’s work
- Edit internal and external communications to ensure consistency and accuracy with RSF brand guidelines
- Special projects and other duties in support of Marketing activities as assigned
- Ensure communication activities are integrated with RSF Systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or similar, or equivalent work experience, required
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a communications or marketing role required
- Demonstration of strong project management skills required
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Work/volunteer experience in the social finance or social enterprise sector preferred
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills to effectively communicate RSF’s message to a wide variety of audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral communication, and listening skills to effectively interact with staff, clients, strategic partners, and the public
- Strong analytical and math skills required to understand and communicate complex financial and economic data and concepts to a broad audience
- Familiarity with financial concepts and terms preferred
- Demonstrated track record of excellent project management skills
- Familiarity with graphic display of data and latest web and social media trends
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Adobe InDesign experience required
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and HTML
- Basic Salesforce skills
- Must be able to use the Internet for research and information-gathering
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Very good judgment required for making quick decisions as issues arise
- Ability to take initiative and to independently multi-task and make decisions
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members and external partners
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles that inform RSF’s work
- Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time up to eight hours per day
- Must be able to frequently communicate orally and by telephone
- Must be able to occasionally lift boxes (up to 40 pounds)
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to work at RSF’s offices during regular office hours as set forth in RSF’s Employee Manual
- Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
- Some travel may be required
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $80K range. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Marketing Manager”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.