You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
The Marketing Manager will develop and manage strategic marketing campaigns for Arabella Advisors, positioning the firm for continued rapid growth and increasing social and environmental impact. Working across multiple geographies and lines of service, the Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with our teams to produce campaigns that build our brand, increase awareness of our work, and generate demand for our services among Arabella’s clients, which include leading foundations, corporations, and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families.
The ideal candidate should have a keen marketing mind, experience marketing professional services, a passion for helping to achieve social impact, and top-notch creative and digital marketing skills.
In partnership with Marketing and Communications team and professionals across Arabella Advisors, lead or contribute to:
- Campaign Design, Launch, and Management: Design and execute integrated marketing campaigns, working simultaneously across multiple geographies and lines of service
- Segmentation and Lead Generation: Help develop and implement systems and processes that enable the firm to more effectively segment clients, partners, influencers, and other stakeholders, and to efficiently generate leads and accelerate sales
- Content and Creative Development: Develop creative, including imagery and copy, for a wide range of marketing vehicles and channels.
- Media Outreach and PR: Work with senior leaders to manage regular outreach to important mainstream and industry press contacts and handle inbound requests for interviews/commentary
Digital Media Management: Assume primary responsibility for managing ongoing publication across Arabella’s digital media properties:
- Optimize our website for SEO and improved lead generation
- Drive integrated use of digital media platforms – web, email, social
- Metrics: Track and report core marketing metrics that drive decision making to maximize marketing ROI
- Conduct market and prospect research by request
- Monitor firm-wide email boxes for business development opportunities and contact updates
- Capture and document external and internal leading practices for marketing and sales effectiveness
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including marketing or business administration
- At least three to five years’ experience with steadily increasing responsibility in marketing at a corporation, agency, or significant organization
- Extensive experience with campaign planning, digital marketing, and contact management
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and processes from start to finish, including ongoing analysis of impact and results
- Ability to write compellingly for the web, social networks, and other digital media
- Experience with SEO/online optimization
- Proficiency in website and social media management with experience in digital creation and editing (graphics, images, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working with various business applications such as Salesforce
- Experience and comfort with PowerPoint and InDesign
- Ability to develop relationships across offices, teams, and all levels, including executives and external partners
- Strong upward management skills to drive process and compliance
- Capable of identifying and implementing necessary innovations to processes and systems
- Exceptional business-related written and verbal communication capabilities
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online here. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.