The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation supports creative people, effective institutions, and influential networks building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world. MacArthur is placing a few big bets that truly significant progress is possible on some of the world’s most pressing social challenges, including over-incarceration, global climate change, nuclear risk, and significantly increasing financial capital for the social sector. In addition to the MacArthur Fellows Program, the Foundation continues its historic commitments to the role of journalism in a responsible and responsive democracy, as well as the strength and vitality of our headquarters city, Chicago.
MacArthur is one of the nation's largest independent foundations. Organizations supported by the Foundation work in about 50 countries. In addition to Chicago, MacArthur has offices in India, Mexico, and Nigeria.
About Lever for Change
The Marketing Communications Associate will provide a wide range of support, including writing, research, and organizational support, to the Communications Director and the Lever for Change team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, hard-working professional to join our team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and to directly support the organizational strengthening and communications activities of a philanthropic start-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Communications Associate has responsibility for executing a marketing communications strategy involving media, social networking and project coordination to ensure the high visibility of Lever for Change and the Bold Solutions Network.
- Develop communications-related memos, reports, materials, and presentations;
- Create, copy edit, and publish basic communications materials, such as marketing collateral, blog posts, and newsletters;
- Work with designers and other vendors to support the creation of high-level marketing communications materials, including videos and publications;
- Execute website updates, including graphic and video design;
- Coordinate and maintain Lever for Change social media platforms;
- Maintain current lists of media and partner contacts;
- Maintain performance dashboards;
- Maintain Google Analytics data;
- Serve as communications team point person for CRM system;
- Prepare marketing materials and coordinate social media for convenings;
- Help identify potential speaking engagements for the Lever for Change team;
- Collaborate with Lever for Change teams to prepare marketing materials for potential partnerships, including associations, collaboratives, and networks.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of current events, developments and issues in the fields of communications and philanthropy;
- Write extensively for internal purposes;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree plus two to four years of relevant, professional work experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience in nonprofit communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, and/or media
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing, social media and content production
- Experience with Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop) preferred
- ADA design knowledge a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce and Pardot a plus
- Positive “can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in when needed
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Able to take initiative and work proactively
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills in working with colleagues at all levels; able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality; cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies
- Technological know-how;
- English fluency (spoken and written)
- Prior experience supporting philanthropic and/or nonprofit programming; working with marketing communications teams; and demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice issues. Experience managing projects with competing deadlines a plus
Please apply online here.