You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Arabella seeks an up-and-coming marketing and communications professional with a deep interest in helping to advance our work across the social-impact sector. We seek a candidate who brings strong project management skills plus a marketing mindset that can help us continue to grow and expand.
Marketing Campaign Management (~50%)
Supporting the Head of Marketing and Communications, and in conjunction with other team members, the Marketing Associate will manage multiple projects, coordinating internal and external personnel and resources to drive execution of firmwide marketing activities.
- Campaign execution: Coordinate marketing campaigns and track effectiveness
- Digital marketing: Manage Arabella’s digital communications, social media, and website channels
- Conferences and events: Coordinate firmwide conference and event planning, participation, and follow up
- Partnership and membership management: Research optimal partners (content, channel, etc.) and support teams in developing engagement strategies and mutually beneficial partnership models
- Metrics: Track and share core marketing metrics that drive decision-making
Marketing Materials Development (~40%)
Develop materials for use within marketing efforts, including:
- Website updates
- Email blasts and related peer-to-peer outreach
- Social media
- Collateral leave behinds and decks for use in business development
- SharePoint site and resources
Other Marketing / Client Development Activities (~10%)
- Conduct individual prospect and conference research by request
- Perform firm-wide target research and other market research
- Own information and logistics for firmwide subscriptions, memberships, and affiliations
- Monitor firm-wide email boxes for business development opportunities and contact updates
- Capture and document best practices related to marketing and sales effectiveness
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- At least 3 years’ experience, preferably with professional services marketing or fundraising
- Excellent writing, communication (both written and verbal) and follow-up skills
- Experience creating marketing collateral
- Social media experience
- Experience with email marketing platforms
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Salesforce and/or another CRM
- Ability to handle time-sensitive requests in a fast-paced environment
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent, including the ability to efficiently and independently address routine service matters, to suggest effective client-centered solutions when elevating challenges or concerns, and to understand how the team can operate to maintain high-quality service.
- The ability to complete complex tasks, to use a work plan to undertake projects, and to understand how those projects impact the client, team, and/or firm’s objectives
- The ability to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and circumstances, and to build and manage strong relationships that reflect that understanding.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, including the ability to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences; to make technical information assessible to broader audiences; and to collaborate with others to produce strong written deliverables
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including knowing when and how to compromise, being willing to proactively help colleagues, and sharing knowledge in various mediums
- An enthusiasm for taking on stretch and development opportunities, including the ability to accept feedback and use it to improve performance
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including knowing when to elevate challenges along with possible solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online at Arabella Advisors. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with