The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for creating awareness and understanding of the Foundation as a “Giving Community” that builds relationships to build assets to build impact. Main responsibilities include developing and producing engaging stories, marketing materials, plus digital and graphic content to support brand development, advertising, product and services, internal and external communications, and events. This role reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and functions within that team; it also partners closely with the Philanthropic Services and Community Impact teams.
Local creative talent with Minneapolis-St. Paul or Minnesota connections, including those with lived experience in its diverse communities, will be preferred for this role.
- Produce engaging content, such as e-newsletters, print and digital marketing collateral, web content, social media posts, video, and images for multiple platforms for The Minneapolis Foundation and its partners.
- Develop and execute social and traditional promotions around Foundation and community events. Use analytics and performance data to measure and improve engagement and success of events.
- Manage day-to-day social activities including creating, curating, and publishing content for the Foundation’s social channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn) and the Foundation’s donor portal.
- Support communications needs, collaborating across all departments. Respond promptly to requests and take personal responsibility to deliver strong, compelling results within time, scope, and budget.
- Manage relationships with relevant vendors and other external partners.
- Build connections within the community for generating relevant and timely news stories.
- Establish and maintain brand and graphic standards guidelines. Assist colleagues in the use of guidelines and other communications resources.
- Strong story-telling writing skills across multiple media types and channels.
- Natural visual communicator
- Robust understanding of digital engagement as a marketing tool for community engagement and philanthropic impact
- Experience in managing social media calendars, writing or creating content, and reviewing social analytics
- Demonstrated ability and experience using and creating content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other emerging channels
- Understanding of social media metrics and measures of engagement
- Confident photography and/or videography skills
- 3-5 years of related experience in journalism, marketing, communications, or advertising
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to design for both print and web
- Must be proficient with applications such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, and After Effects), HTML, CSS, MailChimp, and WordPress
- Must have working knowledge of Google Analytics or other website analytics tools
- Ideally have experience in SEO, PPC, or other digital marketing and engagement tactics
- Practice in budgeting, managing, planning, and reporting on paid social media campaigns, especially with Facebook and Instagram
About The Minneapolis Foundation
One of the first community foundations in the world, The Minneapolis Foundation brings together people, ideas, and resources to improve lives, locally and globally. It’s a 100-year-old tradition — and we have big plans for the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Submit in one PDF:
- Cover letter outlining how your capabilities and experience prepare you for this position
- Work samples (no more than four, including two that represent your writing) that you believe distinguish you as an ideal candidate
Also provide your salary requirement in the email to our search manager: [email protected]
Applications received by August 1, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with