Daily Table is a nonprofit grocery store chain with a mission to make healthy food affordable to all. Founded by former Trader Joe’s President, Doug Rauch, Daily Table creates a welcoming retail environment that offers fresh produce and other healthy foods at a fraction of typical prices. Daily Table currently operates two stores in the Dorchester and Roxbury neighborhoods of Boston with plans to add two additional stores in the next year.
Daily Table is looking for a marketing and communications professional that will oversee efforts to engage stakeholders including existing and potential customers and donors. Preferred candidates must have a passion for Daily Table’s mission to bring nutritious, prepared meals and groceries to economically challenged communities at affordable prices. The ideal candidate should not only embrace this mission, but be an articulate spokesperson. We require someone who is a self- starter and independent worker that also understands the importance of collaboration, and is committed to excellence.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and execute marketing campaigns to increase customer traffic and drive sales in Daily Table stores
- Utilize multiple platforms to engage existing and new customers including digital (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Google business) and physical channels (e.g. in-store, direct mail, canvassing)
- Help develop the Daily Table ‘voice’ and brand identity
Communications and Outreach
- Be the first point-of-contact with external parties including website inquires, customer feedback, media requests and responding to social media engagement
- Serve as a Daily Table ambassador at community events/fairs and presenting our mission when appropriate.
- Manage Daily Table’s communications and content on platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Business page, and leveraging these platforms to increase awareness and drive customer traffic
- Assist with writing and copy for donor communications including grant proposals, newsletters, etc
Desired Background & Experience
- Excited about Daily Table’s mission and commitment to affordable nutrition for all
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to craft concise and compelling copy in a range of formats (email, Facebook, infographics, etc)
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to balance multiple tasks and problem solve quickly
- Strong bias for action; presents ideas rather than waits to be given instruction
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Google forms; basic graphic design skills a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passion for Daily Table’s mission is a must
- Commitment to high standards and accountability
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Marketing and Communications Associate"