Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to problems that trap America’s young people and families in poverty and limit economic mobility. We bring philanthropists together to make significant, multi-year investments that make it possible for social sector leaders to take their successful interventions to regional or national scale.
Today, Blue Meridian is evolving and extending its early vision for integrating the work of expanding solutions nationwide with regional and local strategies to produce the strongest possible outcomes for children and families. We are deeply aware of a growing body of research that highlights how place and economic mobility are inextricably linked and pervasive racial gaps in outcomes. We believe more cross-sector solutions are required to realize the potential of compounding benefits of coordinated work in communities.
In response to the needs identified by community leaders and a study of the challenges that seem to have stymied prior efforts, Blue Meridian is assembling a team to unlock significant new private and public resources for practitioners to accelerate place-based work across the country.
Reporting to the Chief Investment and Impact Officer (CIIO), the Managing Director (MD)/Senior Director will work closely with staff to manage team operations to advance Blue Meridian’s strategy to help them achieve greater impact. They will also coordinate and drive ongoing partnership with leaders in the field.
New York City preferred
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Manage and Develop Process for Team Operations
The MD/Senior Director will drive strategy implementation including all team coordination, integration, and strategic process for a highly complex innovative portfolio of work. With the oversight and guidance of senior leaders, the MD/Senior Director will lead and contribute to activities including:
- Partner in strategy development and drive strategy implementation, managing a complex set of workstreams and underlying activities across ensuring coherence, rigor and timeliness of execution with a focus on achieving maximum impact while building and maintaining a strong team culture anchored on core values.
- Ensure seamless integration with the overall Blue Meridian organization leveraging shared services and ensuring shared learning and other synergies are realized. Specifically, act as point of integration for Blue Meridian staff – including ongoing tight partnership with Communications, Finance, HR, other key leaders and the CEO’s Office.
- Lead implementation and continuous improvement of core processes including investing, measurement and evaluation, knowledge management, and internal and external communication.
- Cultivate a strong team culture grounded in agreed upon core values and guiding principles and reinforced by processes, systems, and norms such as collaboration, establishing and managing team meeting agendas and norms, and launching team events, delegating where appropriate.
- Oversee the production of quarterly performance reports, capturing current performance, risks, and future potential. Contribute to the preparation of materials and talking points for Partner updates.
- Manage financial plans and budgets for area of responsibility.
Drive Strategic Initiatives and Field Collaboration
- Support initial strategy development in key areas.
- Design, in partnership with the team, key meetings with prominent field leaders, delegating where appropriate.
- Ensure leaders in the field and their teams receive excellent relationship management and support from Blue Meridian. Earn and maintain the respect of investees and be a trusted point of contact and advisor.
- Aligned with Blue Meridian’s mission and core values.
- At least 15 years (Senior Director) / 20 years (MD) of related professional experience, ideally gained in the social sector, preferably including philanthropy. A Bachelor’s degree is required, as well as advanced studies and/or demonstrated derivation of overarching lessons and approaches from related experiences.
- Perspective from direct experience living or working in communities with significant low income or otherwise disenfranchised peoples preferred.
- Experience managing complex projects, teams and relationships in the social sector, either in a line leadership role or as a strategy, financial and/or management consultant to senior leadership and boards of directors.
- Strong skills in developing and managing external and internal relationships with diverse constituencies in diverse environments. Track record of working directly with senior executives, boards of directors and investors.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, comfortable engaging with and presenting at senior levels.
- Strong ability to analyze and assess complex quantitative and qualitative data, with experience in performance measurement and evaluation.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with a strong track record of delivering against agreed goals and milestones.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, able to balance a meticulous and highly rigorous professional approach with a flexible and empathetic demeanor that is responsive to the needs of others. While skilled at thinking and working independently and actively advocating own points of view, respects and remains open to the contributions of others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with and lead people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Strong computer skills with facility using popular document, spreadsheet, presentation, email, filesharing and other communication software.
- Willing to travel frequently.
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation includes an annual base salary, the potential for an annual incentive award based on performance, and an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and generous time off. Base salary will be set commensurate with chosen candidate’s knowledge, skill and experience.
How to Apply
For consideration, please include the following in your application:
- cover letter
No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
Blue Meridian Partners, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, familial status, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
 This position description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with