ProInspire is an entrepreneurial nonprofit developing leaders at all levels for organizations addressing the world’s greatest challenges. Their focus is on expanding the social sector’s talent pipeline, developing professionals, and increasing diversity in the sector. They are passionate about accelerating social impact and being catalysts of outstanding performance. They have been operating in the Washington DC region since 2009 and launched in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2012.
ProInspire is looking for a Managing Director to lead their work in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Managing Director will be a dynamic, driven social entrepreneur, eager to be on the ground of a growing organization that is changing how the sector views talent and how individuals view their careers. The Managing Director will grow ProInspire's presence, build partnerships, and oversee all aspects of their programs in the region.
The Managing Director will work closely with the CEO and staff based in Washington, DC, as well as ProInspire partners, fellows, alumni, faculty and consultants in the SF Bay Area. She/he will be the only full time employee in the SF Bay Area until the organization grows to support additional staff.
ProInspire currently has three programs to develop leaders in the social sector:
- ProInspire Fellowship: This highly competitive, one-year program places business professionals with 2-5 years of experience in targeted positions at our leading nonprofit partners. Fellows also receive regular trainings with a cohort of peers, career coaching, and a network to support professional growth during the Fellowship and beyond.
- Managing for Success: ProInspire’s innovative leadership development program targeted to nonprofit professionals with less than six years of management experience, Managing for Success is a three-month program focused on Managing Self, Managing Individuals, and Managing in Organizations. Fellows benefit from full day workshops, assessments, peer learning, and field work.
- Leadership Development Programs: ProInspire provides workshops and training programs directly for nonprofit organizations and foundations based on our proven curriculum. These programs are facilitated by ProInspire faculty and overseen by staff.
1. Outreach and Partnerships
Goal: Expand ProInspire's base of nonprofit and social enterprise partners, strategic partners, and supporters
Nonprofit and Social Enterprise Partners
- Establish and own all relationships with local partners
- Identify potential partners through attendance at events, conferences, networking meetings, etc.
- Manage all aspects of interaction with partners, including outreach, needs assessments, selection process, performance check-ins, and any issues that may arise
- Build an Advisory Board to serve as key advisors and supporters in growing the organization
- Establish a local funding base that includes individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Serve as the external face of ProInspire in the Bay Area
2. Program Management
Goal: Manage and elevate all aspects of ProInspire’s programs in the SF Bay Area
- Engage partners to recruit applicants for the ProInspire Fellowship and Managing for Success
- Represent ProInspire at networking events and job fairs
- In collaboration with the national selection team, review fellowship applicants throughout the selection process
- Conduct phone interviews with candidates and identify finalists to interview with Hiring Partners
- Support Hiring Partners to select their ProInspire Fellow
- Oversee the design and delivery of the ProInspire Fellowship and Managing for Success training, including speaker identification and preparation, coordination of all program logistics, and facilitation of sessions
- Provide regular coaching to fellows as needed
- Connect with and motivate the growing base of alumni
- Support local alumni councils
3. Organizational Leadership
Goal: Work with CEO and Board of Directors to position the organization for sustainability and scale –Build on our current processes and systems to position us for growth
- Continually review and improve ProInspire’s program
- Pilot new programs based on our growth strategy
- Serve as a thought leader by writing articles, blog posts, etc.
- Hire and manage staff as the organization expands
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA, MPA or other advanced relevant degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of work experience, preferably in both business and nonprofit sectors
- Experience and/or knowledge of working through career transitions
- Background in professional development and/or coaching is helpful, but not required
- Ability to work remotely with virtual teams
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with dedication to scaling our impact through program growth and sector thought-leadership
- Self-starting, creative, high-energy, extremely organized, attentive to detail
- Passion for developing great talent, establishing partnerships, and creating high quality programs
- Presence and gravitas, i.e. ability to interact effectively with social sector leaders, private sector partners and Fellows
- Ability to work independently and maintain high level of productivity in virtual office environment
- Experience in fundraising and either serving on or working with nonprofit boards
We are a small, virtual team that believes in flexibility and autonomy to achieve ProInspire's goals:
- Be on the ground level of building our organization
- Work from home with flexible hours (typically 35-45 hours per week)
- Flexible time off and vacation policy
- Interact with young professionals, nonprofit executives, and community leaders
- Know that your work is having a positive impact in the world
This is a salaried position. The Managing Director will enjoy a flexible work schedule dictated by his or her responsibilities. He/she should expect to travel around the SF Bay Area region to meet with partners as needed. The Managing Director must be present for all trainings for the ProInspire Fellowship and Managing for Success (about one full day workshop per month that runs from 8am-5:30pm). There are also occasional events and meetings during non-standard business hours. Some travel required for conferences and meetings, typically about 10%.
How to apply:
Deadline to apply is February 14, 2016. Please attach your resume and cover letter in the application form.
To apply: http://proinspire.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=6902802&portalID=53109
Be the first to comment
Sign in with