Department: Government Affairs & Strategic Communications
Reports to: Director of Communications & Marketing
The Manager or Publications and Research serves as a lead on developing and managing all aspects of the Council’s publications and research function, including: working directly with key internal and external stakeholders to optimize publications projects, developing thorough project management plans from concept to design and working with the Director of Communications & Marketing to develop creative marketing concepts to build awareness and garner engagement. This position also requires strong writing skills and the ability to think strategically and work independently.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead creative process from concept through execution of all new product development
- Directly oversee the publications management process (concept, editorial, production, design and distribution)
- Cultivate an environment that inspires creative thinking and drives creative excellence and quality for each product, while maintaining process continuity
- Develop field-testing protocols, collect/analyze data, and report findings to ensure that every product is mission driven and meets its desired goal(s)
- Research educational trends and work with internal and external teams to translate data into clear product solutions
- Oversee execution of publication project plans, communicating regularly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all steps in the publication life cycle support the Council’s mission.
- Support the revenue team by presenting goals for new products based on market analysis of the sector and internal sales forecasts
- Work with Director of Communications & Marketing to provide comprehensive plans for upcoming products, resources and outreach to support short- and long-range development of new products
- Support publication standardization to ensure consistent and compliant practices across cross-functional teams
- Conduct an initial assessment of existing web content for timeliness and accuracy of information and images
- Write original pieces, both technical and creative and provide copy editing support for each project.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of communications, publications and/or project management experience with project ownership responsibility
- Bachelor degree preferably in English, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent writing skills, including experience writing for publications, editorial and media
- Strong organizational skills; great attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, and to execute multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely, and cost-efficient manner
- Ability to manage external vendors and provide clear, concise guidance.
- Experience managing publications processes, philanthropic sector preferred
- Proven track record successfully working against aggressive deadlines
- Capacity to keep ahead of current trends and introduce appropriate new best practices
- Familiarity marketing via email and web sites
- Knowledge of content management systems and other technologies to manage and operate web sites
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and a keen understanding of Adobe Suite
- Management/leadership skills
NOTE: As organizational needs change, management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. This document represents a description of intended job content and should not be construed in any way to be a contract of employment.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com