Rose Community Foundation is seeking a Manager of Information Technology to be responsible for the overall planning, coordination and execution of all IT functions. This includes directing all IT operations to meet Foundation and user needs as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
This position works across the Foundation to assess, develop and enhance work processes in support of business operations. The Manager evaluates software and hardware system solutions in response to evolving work processes and business information requirements. The Manager implements and maintains all system solutions to ensure the Foundation’s hardware and software support the organization and its staff in fulfilling its mission. The ideal candidate will have equal passions for technology and people, be solution-oriented, and love building systems and solving problems.
About Rose Community Foundation
Rose Community Foundation strives to enhance the quality of life of the Greater Denver community through leadership, grantmaking and donor engagement – stewarding philanthropic resources and investing in strategic and innovative solutions to enduring challenges and emerging issues. Since 1995, the Foundation has granted more than $290 million to organizations and initiatives focused on Aging, Child and Family Development, Education, Health and Jewish Life in seven county greater Denver. In 2017, the Foundation added a cross-programmatic community action overlay of support for organizations serving immigrants, refugees and communities vulnerable to discrimination and hate crimes.
Rose Community Foundation believes in the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion. The Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
- Assess organizational technology needs and identify modernization pathways.
- Oversee technical projects in alignment with the Foundation’s strategic plan, annual organizational goals and recent third-party technology assessment.
- Develop and manage annual operating and capital budgets, including hardware replacement, software licensing and network operations.
- Manage IT consulting and/or advisory contracts and coordinate tech-related services provided by commercial vendors.
- Monitor, test and manage established backup and recovery processes to ensure redundant sources in the event of system failures or natural disasters.
- Oversee migration from on-premises to cloud-based infrastructure, as well as migration to a new, yet-to-be-identified business application software.
- Assess business information requirements and provide technical support in the identification, evaluation and implementation of alternative system solutions.
- Administer business application systems and the associated database structures supporting those applications. Establish system configurations and capabilities; develop and monitor approved business rules; and monitor user rights and permissions.
- Provide technical assistance for specific information technology needs of system users.
- Provide system user training and support for business application systems.
- Perform data analysis to identify patterns, trends or other data relationships.
- Work collaboratively with third-party evaluation consultants to identify, capture and report on information required for business evaluation purposes.
- Assist in the design and execution of IT policies and procedures, including those related to electronic data retention and retirement. Responsible for enforcing compliance with these policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills
- The successful applicant will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum of six years of experience in software development or IT infrastructure management. Knowledge of the Greater Denver community and the nonprofit, philanthropic or public sector is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in project management and ability to use the Foundation’s strategic priorities and knowledge of IT best practices to guide IT strategy to address operational needs and requirements.
- A proven track record of leading in a collaborative work environment; a customer service focus and high level of business acumen. The position requires a broad range of skills from technical knowledge to understanding of modern business practices including the following:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, modern desktop/mobility and CRM systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing and maintaining relational databases, database management, and software development.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business needs, analyze and select IT solutions, procure and implement systems, train users and troubleshoot problems.
- Extensive experience managing Microsoft products including Windows 10, Office 365 (including Sharepoint) and Azure.
- Understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and trouble-shooting.
- Understanding of VOIP telephone systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Exchange Server and SQL Server.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude and a good sense of humor. The Manager will be a good listener and a respectful communicator. The Manager will be team-oriented and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve results and to support others with trust and collaboration. Experience working with diverse populations, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds is important to us.
The Manager of IT will be flexible, open to new ideas and approaches, self-aware, and empathetic, consistently demonstrating a growth mindset and approaching work with passion, humor and humility. The Manager will operate from a place of gratitude with a desire to serve the Rose Community Foundation constituents including staff, board, grantees and donors, and to serve the Greater Denver community by advancing the Foundation’s work and mission. The Manager must be a relationship-builder, fostering positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining discretion, professionalism, and confidentiality.
The Manager of Information Technology reports to the Chief Financial Officer. This position is part of the administrative and finance team and does not have administrative support; however, the Foundation maintains a contract with an IT support firm – a vendor relationship that this position will manage and leverage.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary in the range of $70,000 to $80,000 commensurate with background and experience. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Rose Community Foundation currently offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision and life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan (including an annual employer contribution after one year of employment), paid time off including holidays, professional development opportunities and a matching gift program.
How to Apply
Submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 30, 2019. Interested candidates should email their cover letter and résumé: Search Committee at [email protected] with the subject line “Manger of Information Technology.” No phone calls or additional email messages please.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with