Join a close-knit team of fun and dedicated development professionals in building philanthropic support and engaging in thought partnership with leading national and local funders to advance Health Leads’ renewed vision of health, well-being and dignity for every person in every community. As a key member of the Health Leads Development Team, the Manager of Institutional Investments oversees a portfolio of foundation and corporation funders, and serves as relationship and portfolio manager for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities, as well as a key strategy input for organizational fundraising. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Investments, the Manager will develop deep partnerships with each funder to create a strong and diverse network of champions committed to advancing health equity, community empowerment, and social justice.
The Manager of Institutional Investments will join Health Leads with US healthcare at a crucial inflection point, in which the systemic oppression that leads to poor health outcomes, extraordinary costs, and rampant inequality can no longer be accepted. Recognizing this, health systems, community-based organizations, philanthropy, insurers, policy-makers, and other key stakeholders are working together to build resilient communities that are empowered to meet their residents’ essential human needs. Health Leads’ leadership, expertise, tools, and solutions to address community-driven health solutions supports these efforts to build healthy communities across the country. The Manager of Institutional Investments will play a crucial role in this work by building relationships with philanthropic partners to generate flexible investments in Health Leads that will sustain the organization while activating donors as champions of health equity in their own work and communities. Learn more at www.healthleadsusa.org.
Health Leads is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We recognize that equity, inclusion, and diversity are inseparable from our core values and key to inspirational leadership, effective teamwork, mutual learning, and an environment in which we celebrate each other’s differences. To learn more about how equity, inclusion, and diversity impact our work, read on.
- Builds, maintains, and deepens relationships with foundation and corporation donors by:
- Developing donor engagement strategies; serving as a key point of contact for donors; connecting Health Leads staff and stakeholders to donors; identifying and sharing learning opportunities, and; representing donors’ points of view to the team and organization.
- Cultivates strong relationships with other Health Leads staff and teams by:
- Developing organizational fluency of each team’s roles and responsibilities; engaging in learning opportunities with other teams and developing deeper knowledge of core organizational content areas, and; serving as a fundraising liaison and resource to other Health Leads teams.
- Oversees all aspects of portfolio management relevant to individual portfolio activities and broader development team fundraising initiatives, including:
- Creating and revising project plans; building project teams comprised of internal and external stakeholders; educating internal project team members about development strategy and vision for deepening funder partnerships; overseeing project progression; maintaining records and tracking progress toward goals in Salesforce, and; ensuring all projects related to individual portfolios and broader fundraising efforts are aligned with relevant strategies and development team vision, charge, and goals.
- Manages the creation and customization of all foundations-facing content for funders in their portfolio, in partnership with Development Communications, including: update emails, personal notes and cards, letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, agendas, meeting briefs, slide decks, and other collateral as needed.
- At least 3 years of non-profit development and fundraising or related experience
- Superb interpersonal and relationship management skills, including sense of humor and ability to communicate with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to upholding Health Leads’ vision for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to building a more inclusive Health Leads community
- Exceptional portfolio and project management skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, take initiative, and collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; prior experience with Salesforce a plus
- Previous experience with or knowledge of community-based health strategies a plus (course work counts toward experience)
- Passion for Health Leads’ work with a strong commitment to its core values: shared leadership, justice through equity and inclusion, empathy and genuine relationships, and constant and courageous learning.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with