Do you believe that all of our neighbors deserve to live in a safe and healthy community? Rebuilding Together is a national housing and community revitalization nonprofit with more than 130 affiliates around the country in need of a dynamic Manager of Individual Philanthropy. We are seeking a self-starter with the desire to work with a team and roll their sleeves up to take our individual philanthropy program to the next level. The manager, Individual Philanthropy will play an integral role in enabling the individual philanthropy department to double revenue from individual giving to over $1 million dollars by 2020.
As a skilled fundraising professional, the successful candidate must demonstrate tenacity in building relationships with individual donors and creating unique and innovative individual giving fundraising activities through both grass-roots activity and major donor outreach. The manager, Individual Philanthropy should be excited to be part of a team that is growing and changing every day and come with fresh ideas to be a part of the process. This position is charged with developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of 100+ individual donor prospects through key activities to include annual donor outreach, event fundraising, board fundraising and athlete based fundraising through our Race2Rebuild program.
The candidate must possess the ability to convert relationships into financial gifts that will ensure annual fundraising goals are met or exceeded. Reporting directly to the Director, Individual Philanthropy, this position will be based in Washington, DC and will work in partnership with the programs, affiliate services and marketing & communications teams within Rebuilding Together to craft and deliver partnerships and opportunities that meet donor needs.
Annual donor program:
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing annual and major gift commitments from individuals, securing a minimum of $100,000.
- Manage national annual donor program for all donors under $5,000 to include identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding qualified prospects and donors.
- Conduct and/or coordinate face-to-face visits, and other activities with donors.
- Create and implement a monthly giving/reoccurring donations program to develop concentrated effort to grow "sustainers" for monthly income up to over $1,000 monthly.
- Manage annual giving initiatives such as direct mail and online giving appeals in partnership with the marketing & communications team.
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Manage donation page and CRM database.
- Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts.
- Support Peer-to-Peer fundraising activities to include the Race2Rebuild athlete based fundraising program.
- Provide individual giving training, support and technical advice to the affiliate network.
- Support collaborative fundraising initiatives through the affiliate network of more than 130 affiliates.
- Respond to Affiliate questions/requests via telephone or email in a timely manner.
- Work directly with the Director, Individual Philanthropy to secure $80,000 from annual fundraising events that occur around the country.
- Manage event logistics to include venue management, vendor solicitation, budget management, outreach management and day of event management.
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience, particularly with individual and annual donors.
- Demonstrated experience asking for and closing gifts of financial support, including developing strategies to do so.
- Proven experience writing successful competitive grant funding proposals
- Strong knowledge and experience utilizing data to identify donor opportunities and generate gifts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred, although a combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- CFRE designation preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with fundraising and other presentation and program management software is essential, including Salesforce and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to design, manage, and track complex fundraising campaigns and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write grant proposals and other written materials.
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information.
- Requires ability to speak, see, hear, and use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls.
- Requires ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Requires ability to work some evenings, weekends, and travel domestically.
- Requires the ability to lift or move up to 15 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Amy Seusing, Vice President, Development at email@example.com.