Established in 1954, the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles manages charitable assets of over $1 billion entrusted to it by over 1,300 families. The Foundation partners with donors to shape meaningful philanthropic strategies, magnify the impact of giving, and build enduring charitable legacies. Over the past 25 years, The Foundation has distributed over $1 billion in grants to thousands of nonprofits across a diverse spectrum, including $100 million in grants in 2017. www.jewishfoundationla.org.
The Manager, Grants Administration leads a newly formed Grants Management team, which will manage grants through their lifecycle and ensure proper due diligence for all Foundation grants. The successful candidate will have substantial experience managing a team of technical experts, have relevant software expertise, work effectively across multiple teams, and have a strong donor relations orientation. This new position will supervise two grants management associates, be responsible for administering all donor-recommended grants and The Foundation's discretionary grantmaking, and will report to Finance/Administration.
- Manage work flow process for all types of Foundation grants, ensuring impeccable timeliness and accuracy of all relevant data fields
- Implement and maintain new grants management and donor portal software; master and manage software to meet requirements and ensure data integrity, including interface with general ledger software (Financial Edge); ensure grants management associates and other relevant staff are properly trained
- Develop, maintain, and ensure proper grants management procedures are in place and consistently followed, including but not limited to due diligence procedures, grant reporting, award letters, grant agreements, and procedures to ensure availability of funds
- Facilitate and/or be responsible for processing certain high-level and sensitive grants
- Oversee nonstandard grant transactions and anomalies related to grantmaking
- Coordinate and collaborate with other internal teams, including the finance/accounting, program, and development departments
- Lead the team in providing superior customer service to donors
- Be the primary contact for donor and grantee relations
- Review grant check proof reports, grant checks, and grantee award letters
- Oversee and ensure all multi-year grants are entered and tracked appropriately
- Oversee grant reporting and analysis
- Coordinate compliance with IRS regulations and The Foundation's requirements for grantmaking
- Manage special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Substantial experience with grants management software such as GrantedGE
- Mathematical literacy and mastery of basic accounting concepts
- Strong skills managing people, processes, and timelines
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously
- Highly effective oral and written communicator with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication styles
- High level of demonstrated accuracy
- Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail-oriented; team player with a willingness to help where required
- Ability to work both under supervision and independently
- Professionalism and discretion
Core Competencies and Qualifications (Desired)
- Demonstrated experience implementing relevant software
Please send resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
It is The Foundation’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.