The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation supports creative people, effective institutions, and influential networks building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world. MacArthur is placing a few big bets that truly significant progress is possible on some of the world’s most pressing social challenges, including over-incarceration, global climate change, nuclear risk, and significantly increasing financial capital for the social sector. In addition to the MacArthur Fellows Program, the Foundation continues its historic commitments to the role of journalism in a responsible and responsive democracy, as well as the strength and vitality of our headquarters city, Chicago.
MacArthur is one of the nation's largest independent foundations. Organizations supported by the Foundation work in about 50 countries. In addition to Chicago, MacArthur has offices in India, Mexico, and Nigeria.
The People and Culture team is responsible for the Foundation's strategic efforts to design, implement and manage innovative human resources practices and initiatives that attract, develop, engage, support and retain an energized, high-performing, diverse staff in a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
Under the supervision of the Managing Director, this position is responsible for global benefits, compensation, and HRIS (Workday). This role will build, develop, and oversee the benefits and compensation strategy, philosophy, and implementation of programs and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the global administration of all benefit plans, policies and procedures, including medical, dental, vision, retirement plans, COBRA, FMLA, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and the Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS) program for staff and retirees
- Partner with brokers and vendors to analyze utilization and claims data and identify trends; recommends process improvements and/or plan design changes
- Conduct new employee benefits orientations; handle benefit changes including enrollment, life-changing events, and terminations for all benefit plans
- Coordinate the annual health and wellness fair
- Process and monitor personnel change information flow to payroll
- Manage the design, analysis, and administration of compensation programs for U.S. and International staff
- Conduct analysis of compensation programs in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the Foundation’s compensation practices
- Lead planning, administration, and communication programs and practices; complete job evaluations/re-evaluations, perform market and FLSA analyses, make salary recommendations for new hires, promotions, and other adjustments
- Participate in compensation surveys, analyze results, and recommend necessary changes to plans, structures, or pay practices
- Manage annual pay increase and promotion process
- Manage, organize, and communicate salary information to supervisors
- Responsible for global administration of Workday, monitor the Foundation’s HRIS needs, and ensure existing system meets changing requirements
- Work closely with HRIS partners, Payroll, and IT Department to ensure that systems are effectively meeting the needs of the People and Culture team and the Foundation
- Has primary responsibility for systems implementation; relationship management with vendors; preparation and analysis of reports; recommendations for plan designs that are current and compliant to government regulations and Foundation policies
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage communication of employee policies, guidelines and procedures documents and keep up to date on current trends in human resources and employment law and advise as appropriate
- Oversee maintenance of filing, record keeping systems, and reporting requirements in accordance with all applicable laws and compliance issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in HR or Business; PHR and/or related certification preferred
- Six or more years of HR experience with an emphasis in systems (HRIS), benefits, and compensation, including a demonstrated knowledge of compliance (applicable government laws and regulations)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- HRIS experience that includes developing new processes and implementing best practices; Workday a plus
- Positive track record as an effective project manager, relationship manager, and team player
- Experience as an HR generalist is helpful, including familiarity with recruiting, employee relations, labor law, and performance management
- Demonstrated ability as a systems thinker: able to view a current process and assess its effectiveness, asses which components should be changed, and work collaboratively with other departments for mutually optimal results
- Well-organized with a proven ability to effectively manage simultaneous projects and tasks with a keen eye for detail
- Able to balance being a member of a team and working independently
- Effective communicator (interpersonal, writing, presentations, etc.)
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple and/or conflicting tasks or requests
- Active contributor of ideas, opinions, and skills toward the achievement of common goals; partners with outside experts to determine what is best for the Foundation
- History of responding quickly and accurately to internal and external requests for information
Please apply online by following this link.