ABOUT WASHINGTON SCHOOL FOR GIRLS (www.washingtonschoolforgirls.org)
The Washington School for Girls ignites the joyful pursuit of learning and inspires lives of faith-filled purpose, leadership, and service. WSG is an all-scholarship independent Catholic School educating students in grades 3-8. Located in Ward 8 and serving the surrounding communities, the school provides an excellent academic program in a supportive environment which engages families and the community in the social, emotional, and spiritual growth of its students and graduates. We help our students to become the confident, capable, and courageous young women they are meant to be.
WSG’s FY21 budget is $4.35M with over 90% coming from generous individuals, foundations, companies and organizations in our community.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) is a new position that will round out a four-person development team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, motivated fundraiser to manage a portfolio of individual major donors and support staff and Board leadership in their donor engagement. The MGO, reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the President, is a key member of a highly collaborative team and an integral part of WSG’s growth plans.
This position is full-time and based at WSG’s VIEW Campus in southeast Washington, DC. However, school and development operations are currently virtual (work from home) during COVID-19.
- Manage a portfolio for 125 – 150 current and prospective individual major donors to WSG ($5,000+ giving).
- Meet fundraising goals by personally working with prospects through successful gift closings.
- Work to increase donors’ annual, programmatic and planned giving commitments.
- Engage in highly customized donor and prospect correspondence, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings.
- Log contact with donors and prospects in Raiser’s Edge in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support and prepare staff leadership and volunteer leaders in major donor engagement efforts.
- Expand the major donor pool by building relationships, identifying new prospects and acting on research.
- Work closely with development staff on prospect identification, strategy, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and polished representative of WSG in the community.
CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionate about the mission of WSG and equity for girls of color
- Desire to be a front-line fundraiser and take WSG to the next level of philanthropic success
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of progressive nonprofit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success working directly with individual major donors (portfolio management)
- Experience supporting senior staff and volunteer leaders in their fundraising engagement
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of constituents
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to [email protected] “WSG Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line. Please submit all materials by September 4, 2020 for full consideration.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with