EPIP Los Angeles is a network of early- to mid-career professionals committed to a more equitable and inclusive philanthropic sector. We provide peer support, mentoring, leadership and advocacy training, and networking opportunities for philanthropic professionals in the Los Angeles area. We partner with regional grantmaking associations, affinity groups and others to complement and contribute to networks that exist throughout the community. We are committed to these core principles:
- Nurture and activate a pipeline of leaders who are committed to a just, equitable and inclusive philanthropic sector.
- Strive to reflect Los Angeles’ changing ethnic and social demographic by actively engaging a broad base of early to mid-career philanthropic professionals through our programming, events and membership.
- Uphold a high regard of building authentic relationships to achieve a more inclusive, engaged, and activated philanthropic sector.
- Commitment to personal and professional development with the goal of informing a practice and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusive lens in the philanthropic sector.
EPIP Los Angeles Programs
Mentorship Program: This program connects emerging leaders in the philanthropic field with a seasoned leader to serve as a mentor and a cohort of like-minded peers to support them on their journey. Learn More.
The Giving Circle: Pool your resources. Scale your impact. Change the World. Let's give back together. Learn More.
Past EPIP Los Angeles Events 2019
- Giving Circle: Meet the Grantee, 1 in 6 (3/20/19)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Shawn Escoffery of Roy and Patricia Disney Family Foundation (3/20/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: 21 Collections Exhibit at LA Central Library (3/8/19)
- Salon Series: Implicit Bias Training Debrief (2/8/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: Union Station Mixer (1/31/19)
Past EPIP Los Angeles Events 2018
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Leadership Recognition and Holiday Reception (12/11/18)
- Giving Circle: Nominations Calls (11/20/18)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: John Kobara of CCF (11/16/18)
- Salon Series: Pizza and Policy (11/1/2018)
- EPIPhany Hour: Networking Event at Natural History Museum (10/26/18)
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Fundamentals for Effective Grantmaking Social (10/18/2018)
- Giving Circle: Shared Plates Dinner (10/6/18)
- Salon Series: Post-Conference Conversation and Discussion of EPIP Report (8/18/18)
- Salon Series: Film Screening and Discussion: LA Politics in Transition (8/9/18)
- Skill Building Series: Project Managment Peer Learning Exchange (7/20/18)
- Mid-Career Professionals Dinner (6/28/18)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: Philanthropy and the Tech Sector (6/15/18)
- Skill Building Series with SCG: Facilitation and Collaboration (5/31/18)
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Mixer (5/22/18)
- Giving Circle: Grantee Site Visit (5/9/18)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Dr. Bob Ross of The California Endowment (5/4/18)
- Volunteer Series: EPIP does the Great LA River (4/21/18)
- Skill Building Series: LGBTQ 101 Training (4/6/18)
- Mentorship Program: Mixer (3/15/18)
- Salon Series with Liberty Hill Foundation: Fighting Displacement Roundtable (3/14/18)
- Giving Circle: Nominations Meeting (2/22/18)
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Speed Networking (2/21/18)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Renata Simril of LA84 Foundation (2/16/18)
- EPIPhany Hour: PST LA:LA curator-led tour at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes (1/19/18)
- Salon Series: Equity, Impact, and the New Cannabis Law (1/18/18)