EPIP Los Angeles is a network of early- to mid-career professionals committed to a more equitable and inclusive philanthropic sector. We provide peer support, mentoring, leadership and advocacy training, and networking opportunities for philanthropic professionals in the Los Angeles area. We partner with regional grantmaking associations, affinity groups and others to complement and contribute to networks that exist throughout the community. We are committed to these core principles:
- Nurture and activate a pipeline of leaders who are committed to a just, equitable and inclusive philanthropic sector.
- Strive to reflect Los Angeles’ changing ethnic and social demographic by actively engaging a broad base of early to mid-career philanthropic professionals through our programming, events and membership.
- Uphold a high regard of building authentic relationships to achieve a more inclusive, engaged, and activated philanthropic sector.
- Commitment to personal and professional development with the goal of informing a practice and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusive lens in the philanthropic sector.
EPIP LA Programs and Event Series
CHANGE Philanthropy Programs: This works to strengthen relationships and collaborations across Affinity Groups in Los Angeles including Asian-Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Hispanics in Philanthropy, and Southern California Blacks in Philanthropy as well as Southern California Grantmakers, and other nonprofit and university affinity groups to develop effective relationships and partnership opportunities.
EPIPhany Hour Series: With the goals of networking and shared learning, EPIPhany Hour events include casual lunches, happy hours, lunch conversations on specific issue areas, and behind the scenes tours at some of LA’s most unique spaces.
Giving Circle: Pool your resources. Scale your impact. Change the World. Let's give back together. Learn More.
Lunch with a Leader Series: These are intimate, candid conversations with leaders in the field over lunch to discuss topics such as career pathways, navigating the dynamics of philanthropy, and equity and inclusion in the sector.
Mentorship Program: This connects emerging leaders in the philanthropic field with a seasoned leader to serve as a mentor and a cohort of like-minded peers to support them on their journey. Learn More.
Mid-Career Series: These events are for professionals who are no longer in the "emerging" space, but are still looking for a network of peers in the field to connect with on topics such as career planning, leadership development opportunities, wellness, and more.
Person of Color Network (PCN) Series:The goal of this series is to provide a safe, brave, and inclusive space to connect with peers, strengthen solidarity within communities of color, and explore what resources are needed to support peers in the workplace and deepen our practices of liberation.
Salon Series: These events allow for information sharing, conversations, and friendly debates on a particular theme that is relevant to our work and community. They typically take place over the dinner hour in a private home, creating an intimate environment for provocative discussions.
Skill Building Series: These events range from facilitated workshops to peer learning to activities cross-listed with partner organizations, designed to help participants build capacity, improve their skills, and develop relationships within the context of promoting a more equitable and inclusive philanthropic sector.
Past EPIP LA Events 2019
- Skill Building Series:Hearts Minds & Hands Being Truly Equitable In Philanthropy And Beyond (9/20/19)
- Mid-Career Professionals Series: Brunch (9/7/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: Art Deco Walking Tour of DTLA (8/22/19)
- Salon Series: School Funding and Equity in LAUSD (8/20/19)
- People of Color Network (PCN) Series: Gathering (8/12/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: The Getty (8/9/19)
- Skill Building Series: Personal Finance 101 (7/23/19)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Belen Vargas of Weingart Foundation (6/26/19)
- CHANGE Philanthropy Program: EPIP & YNPN Summer Mixer (6/25/19)
- Salon Series: Cannabis Regulation and Equity a Conversation with Cat Packer (6/17/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Tour at The Underground Museum (6/12/19)
- Giving Circle: Pitch Event (6/4/19)
- CHANGE Philanthropy Program: AAPIP-LA Mixer and Mamma Mia! (5/30/19)
- Skill Building Series: Managing Up and Across to Advance in Your Job and Career (5/1/19)
- Salon Series: A Conversation on Environmental Justice (4/30/19)
- Mid-Career Professionals Series: Brunch (4/20/19
- Skill Building Series: How to Moderate a Panel (3/29/19)
- Mentorship Program: Mixer (3/27/19)
- Giving Circle: Meet the Grantee, 1 in 6 (3/20/19)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Shawn Escoffery of Roy and Patricia Disney Family Foundation (3/15/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: 21 Collections Exhibit at LA Central Library (3/8/19)
- Salon Series: Implicit Bias Training Debrief (2/8/19)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: Union Station Mixer (1/31/19)
Past EPIP LA Events 2018
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Leadership Recognition and Holiday Reception (12/11/18)
- Giving Circle: Nominations Calls (11/20/18)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: John Kobara of CCF (11/16/18)
- Salon Series: Pizza and Policy (11/1/2018)
- EPIPhany Hour: Networking Event at Natural History Museum (10/26/18)
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Fundamentals for Effective Grantmaking Social (10/18/2018)
- Giving Circle: Shared Plates Dinner (10/6/18)
- Salon Series: Post-Conference Conversation and Discussion of EPIP Report (8/18/18)
- Salon Series: Film Screening and Discussion: LA Politics in Transition (8/9/18)
- Skill Building Series: Project Managment Peer Learning Exchange (7/20/18)
- Mid-Career Professionals Dinner (6/28/18)
- EPIPhany Hour Series: Philanthropy and the Tech Sector (6/15/18)
- Skill Building Series with SCG: Facilitation and Collaboration (5/31/18)
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) Mixer (5/22/18)
- Giving Circle: Grantee Site Visit (5/9/18)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Dr. Bob Ross of The California Endowment (5/4/18)
- Volunteer Series: EPIP does the Great LA River (4/21/18)
- Skill Building Series: LGBTQ 101 Training (4/6/18)
- Mentorship Program: Mixer (3/15/18)
- Salon Series with Liberty Hill Foundation: Fighting Displacement Roundtable (3/14/18)
- Giving Circle: Nominations Meeting (2/22/18)
- CHANGE Philanthropy: Speed Networking (2/21/18)
- Lunch with a Leader Series: Renata Simril of LA84 Foundation (2/16/18)
- EPIPhany Hour: PST LA:LA curator-led tour at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes (1/19/18)
- Salon Series: Equity, Impact, and the New Cannabis Law (1/18/18)