Baltimore, MD or Jackson, MS
About TCC Group
TCC Group is a social impact consulting firm committed to helping diverse social actors strengthen and scale their work. We are committed to addressing complex social problems by heightening our clients’ understanding of their collaborative role in society. A Certified B Corporation founded in 1980, we provide an array of services to nonprofits, foundations and corporate citizenship programs that include strategic planning and program development, foundation and grants management, landscape research and organizational assessment, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity building.
About ViiV Healthcare
ViiV Healthcare was established to take an innovative approach to the challenge of HIV — and we do. It's who we are. An innovative approach means we go beyond developing new medicines. We seek insights to better understand the unmet needs of people living with HIV. We connect individuals and communities to help drive solutions focused on providing the same standard of care for all people living with HIV. We develop and support community programs that focus on HIV prevention, care, and treatment. The voice of the HIV community informs everything we do. As the only company solely focused on HIV, we think differently, act differently, and connect differently to improve the lives and outcomes for all people affected by HIV.
ACCELERATE! Is ViiV Healthcare’s four-year, $10 million commitment to fund innovative and promising projects that support the health and well-being of Black gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men in two cities hardest hit by HIV – Baltimore, Maryland, and Jackson, Mississippi.
About the Position
- TCC Group is seeking two (2) Contract Local Coordinators (LC); one for each of the two project sites, Baltimore, MD and Jackson, MS.
- The LCs will be tasked with fostering collaboration among ViiV Healthcare’s (VH) ACCELERATE! grantees and partners and provide ongoing multidirectional communication between those working in each city, TCC Group in New York, NY, American Institutes for Research in Washington, DC, and ViiV Healthcare, External Affairs in Washington, DC and Durham, NC.
- The LCs will serve as the primary point of contact to assist with the development and implementation of local communications and community engagement activities.
- The LCs will be accountable to TCC Group. The consulting period will initially be 12 months, with the possible renewal of the contract annually, through 2019.
Fostering Collaboration (40%)
- Serve as a conduit between ACCELERATE! grantees, TCC, and ViiV around program development and implementation, grantee support, and evaluation activities.
- Develop and attend regular topical meetings between ViiV employees and key partners in Baltimore and Jackson to help steward the ACCELERATE! Initiative.
- Work with TCC and ViiV in ongoing key stakeholder engagement to develop local efforts that support and extend the reach of ACCELERATE!
- Maintain a master community calendar and attend relevant events/meetings/conferences.
Community Engagement Activities (40%)
- Coordinate Learning and Listening Communities by supporting TCC in its efforts to connect with key partners in the HIV community, and to identify issues and plan for ViiV’s monthly learning, bimonthly listening communities, and biannual grantee events.
- Attend and a support a minimum of one ACCELERATE! activity weekly, and more as needed.
- Develop routine mechanism to identify critical needs and gaps necessary for the Initiative’s success. Work with TCC and ViiV to implement steps to fill those gaps.
- Attend various HIV/AIDS and ViiV meetings, including National Advisory Meetings, HIV Planning Council Meetings, and conferences to represent ACCELERATE! work.
Monitoring and Evaluation (10%)
- Support technical assistance activities for monitoring and evaluation of the ACCELERATE! Initiative, including quarterly evaluation webinars and collecting data for regular reporting.
- Understand and integrate regulatory, reputational, and commercial considerations as appropriate into all workflows.
- The LCs will interface with TCC, the ViiV ACCELERATE! project lead, Head of External Affairs, and contractors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred (public health, health communication, public administration, social marketing, health law, etc.)
- Knowledge of the HIV/AIDS field and communities in Baltimore and/or Jackson.
- 5-7 years project management experience working in the public health or social justice field on capacity-building projects, including a focus on HIV
- Comprehensive knowledge of the capacities of and agreements between local community organizations, services, networks, and organizations with a focus on HIV.
- Experience managing coalition relationships and developing productive partnerships among community partners.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to develop communication strategies and material that engage ViiV employees and external constituencies.
- The LCs will be solely responsible for his/her work space, equipment, and supplies.
- He/she is responsible for the payment of all federal, state and local taxes that may be imposed on the local coordinator as a result of the payment of the Compensation, and that TCC Group will file a 1099 Form with the federal government and similar forms as appropriate with state and local governments with respect to payment of Compensation to the local coordinator.
- He/she is not an employee of TCC Group, and therefore is not subject to TCC Group’s Personnel Policies and Benefits nor is it covered by any of the casualty or liability insurance policies maintained by TCC Group.
- He/she is required to have his/her own Worker’s Compensation coverage.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please submit a resume and a cover letter for the “Local Coordinator” position at https://jobs-tccgrp.icims.com/
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with