Knowledge Services Specialist
Do you like to help people and organizations make better use of online communications tools and technologies to advance their work? Are you adept at bridging the “techie” and “non-techie” worlds? Do you want to work at a job where you're making a positive difference in the world? Then join the United Philanthropy Forum team!
Reporting to the Vice President of Knowledge Services, the Knowledge Services Specialist supports the Forum’s unique collective technology platform, which is currently used by 28 of the Forum’s members—and growing! The Forum’s state-of-the art collective technology platform offers our members both a constituent relationship management (CRM) solution, powered by Salesforce, and a sophisticated website content management system (CMS), powered by Drupal—for a fraction of what it would cost them to develop a similar platform on their own.
The Knowledge Services Specialist will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance program and organizational goals.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in the Forum’s Washington, DC office. Salary in the low 60s, commensurate with experience, with a competitive benefits package including health coverage and a retirement plan.
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]; please use the following subject line: “Knowledge Services Specialist: Last Name, First Name.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.
No telephone inquiries please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Documentation & Training (35%)
- Assist with new staff and new member onboarding to the platform.
- Conduct periodic training sessions with new and existing system partners, including custom training.
- Document system architecture and enhancements and develop training manuals including step-by-step video tutorials.
Technical Support (35%)
- Provide first-level support for system partners and coordinate ticketing.
- Conduct thorough testing of new features and enhancement requests.
- Draft monthly how-to tips and best practices for system administrators.
Project Management (20%)
- Schedule and coordinate preparation of materials and communications for committee and working group calls.
- Take accurate meeting minutes and create timely reports for committee and working group calls.
- Track which partners utilize any given enhancements/customizations and facilitate invoicing.
- Draft promotional materials and gather testimonials to highlight project’s value and its participants.
- Manage transition to a new project management system.
- Assist with planning the annual face-to-face gathering of system administrators.
Evaluation & Assessment (10%)
- Develop survey/evaluation process for the project.
- Compile quarterly usage statistics of how our members are engaging with the system.
- Keep up with recent developments in Drupal and Salesforce communities
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with digital communications tools (media databases and newswire services, content management systems and HTML, analytics, social media platforms, email marketing platforms).
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to create effective written, verbal, and web content for internal and external audiences across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize information, extract lessons and best practices and proactively share them with others.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated experience in managing complex, multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality customer service and meeting clients’ needs.
- Strong organization skills: ability to set priorities, develop schedules, and monitor progress toward goals.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills: ability to assess situations, identify causes, gather and process relevant information and generate solutions.
- Team player, with the ability to work flexibly with many different leadership and working styles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and manage time for optimal productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to use technology effectively and to adapt quickly to the use of new technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the Forum’s mission.
- Familiarity with Drupal 7 and/or Salesforce.
- Basic image/video editing and production skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Mailchimp/Mandrill.
- Work experience in, and/or knowledge of nonprofit, membership association, and/or philanthropy sector.
Supporting Organizational Goals
Display Technical Expertise
Prioritizing and Organizing Work