Knowledge Management Associate, Creative and Editorial Services
As Arabella’s new knowledge management associate, you’ll use your informational, organizational, technical, and change management skills to help our teams develop, implement, and continually enhance systems for managing knowledge—both to run our business more effectively and to help our clients make the world a better place. You’ll need to be part research librarian, part information architect, and part change agent. You’ll need to be equally comfortable working with people and with data fields. And you’ll need to want to help us build a business that empowers social and environmental impact across the United States and around the world.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
- Knowledge management champion
- Drive day-to-day use and continual improvement of the firm’s knowledge management systems and tools
- Support rollout and ongoing implementation of new taxonomy and document management system
- Help drive and support rebuild and ongoing use of intranet and related tools
- Facilitate firm-wide knowledge management efforts and help cultivate a culture of learning/sharing
- Content librarian
- Identify, code, curate, and disseminate best practices/lessons learned on all types of work in Arabella’s portfolio
- Develop systems and processes for tracking and using information about our personnel, including skills, experience, affiliations
- Develop systems and processes for tracking and using information on organizations in the Arabella universe (including clients and NGOs) and on critical topics such as climate change, education reform, and gender equity
- Design and implement processes for curating image, graphic, and video resources for use in various media
- Work with Creative Services and Marketing teams to prepare identified content for public release
- Knowledge Management teacher/trainer
- Train others to use knowledge management systems effectively
- Learn from others how knowledge management systems need to be improved
- Aggregate, organize, and share information:
- Across teams
- Among individuals
- With external audiences, as appropriate
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience building and advocating for effective knowledge-sharing systems and practices.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Hands on experience building out IT and other systems and processes designed to capture and disseminate knowledge.
- Highly organized project manager with the ability to prioritize competing demands, meet deadlines, and manage and motivate team members to do the same
- Impeccable professional written and verbal communication skills and understanding of how to tailor one’s message for different audiences; keen attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and ability to build strong relationships and deliver top quality customer service
- Capacity to give, receive, and apply constructive feedback
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Office 365 platform
- Experience with WordPress
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with database management, grants management software, Salesforce, and other web-based communication and meeting tools
- Nonprofit experience
- Consulting or advisory experience
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Apply here. Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.