A Statewide Philanthropy Lead manages a focus area within Caring for Colorado’s statewide philanthropy program, which includes Healthy Beginnings, Healthy Youth and Strong and Resilient Families, to support the foundation’s purpose of creating equity in health, well-being and opportunity for Colorado’s children and families.
Lead a Statewide Focus Area
- Cultivate and develop funding strategies in partnership with community leaders, subject matter experts, nonprofit partners, and the foundation’s senior leadership team.
- Research, monitor and bring forward opportunities and trends in the foundation’s focus areas, including gathering and synthesizing information and data on various health-related topics and community insights.
- With support, engage an advisory group to guide and enrich the focus area’s work and ensure that the perspective of people impacted by inequitable systems are represented in approaches.
- Develop and manage responsive grantmaking timelines, budget, and external and internal communication about the statewide philanthropy program and a specific focus area. This includes:
- Reviewing grant proposals, conducting due diligence, assessing alignment with the foundation’s priorities, and presenting funding recommendations to team members and the Board of Directors.
- Monitoring grants through regular engagement with grantee partners and grantee reporting.
- Coordinating grantmaking efforts with the grants management team to ensure smooth grantmaking operations.
- Monitor the policy and advocacy environment, and systems influencing outcomes aligned with the focus area’s goals, engage in policy advocacy funding, workgroups, and collaborative efforts.
- With support, develop capacity building efforts, cohorts and focused grantmaking approaches.
- Support learning and assessment efforts to understand the focus area’s impact, promote team learning, respond to feedback, and identify opportunities for strategy refinement.
- Engage in communities across Colorado to listen, learn, connect, and cultivate partnerships.
- Participate in meetings, workgroups, coalitions and engage with funding partners to leverage foundation resources in Colorado for addressing complex issues.
- Support the Vice President of Philanthropy and Chief Strategy Officer in working across programs at Caring for Colorado to implement evolving philanthropic practices, develop and review strategy, conduct quality improvement, solve problems, align communication, and realize organizational goals.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range is $85,000 - $95,000 for a full-time equivalent position. Salary will be based on experience.
- Caring for Colorado offers a comprehensive benefit package including 401K, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance and a family friendly work environment.
Timeline and Application Process
To learn more about Caring for Colorado visit: www.caringforcolorado.org. Caring for Colorado is an equal opportunity employer with a mission to create equity in health, well-being and opportunity for children, youth, and families.
To apply, send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, resume and three professional references, one of whom is a former supervisor, to Ellie Mills, Office Assistant. Please email all documents to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Applications are due on October 15, 2021.