Senior Associate Program Officer (BV)

The Builders Initiative (BI) is a private foundation established by a member of the Walton Family and his wife (the “Principals”). BI is the philanthropic arm of Builders Vision (BV), the Principals’ broader family office, which also includes a direct investing team (venture capital and private equity); an asset management team; and an operations team: all committed to the vision of a humane and healthy planet

Collectively BV is focused on four core issue areas:

  • A more humane and healthy food system, with a focus on sustainable agriculture and food production, the welfare of farmed animals, and equitable access to healthy food in Chicago.
  • Sustainably managed and healthy ocean ecosystems, with a focus on scalable innovations in fisheries management, restorative aquaculture to provide ecosystem benefits and healthy seafood, and resilience strategies to protect ocean habitats against climate change.
  • Renewable energy for all, with a focus on accelerating the pace to 80% renewable penetration and planting seeds for the remaining 20%.
  • A flourishing, democratized arts sector, with a focus on enabling artists to enhance communities through visual arts and storytelling and to lead communities to connect in Chicago and the Rural Midwest.


Builders Initiative is looking for a Senior Associate Program Officer to join our team based in Chicago in developing and managing a growing portfolio of work related – but not limited to – farmed animal welfare and art. The position will primarily focus on grant-making but will encompass other responsibilities as well.


Click here to learn more about the positionTo apply, submit your resume and a writing sample from a recent project to Jessica Sporleder at [email protected].


Showing 1 reaction

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.
  • Erin Roberts
    published this page in Job Board 2021-02-25 18:33:44 -0500